Riley

Late Black G60

Thats why they look so cool just sat floating there.

Cant imagine how cool the trippy effect would be when on the move.

Niiiiiiiicccccccccce

...you could add a hypnotic swirling effect like they have on the centre of jet engines for those airliners. But c*ck p*ss partridge now I'm talking b*llocks. :infinity:

:lol: Cheers for the input guys...

People have said they do look better in the flesh....and a m8 said they make the wheels look as though they are moving while sat still.

It was the original idea to go with these...but polished up obviously.May get it done before it comes off the road.

Possibly looking at a new everyday motor today,so the rado will go away until V-A-G 2008 :)

Neil.

Aye,it looks alright there :( Missing it!

Could do with a passenger rear abs sensor if anyone has one? Must be a later one.

Neil.

Did you need to do any arch work or anything to get the alloys on?

Was thinking about getting some! I've a 40mm drop, do you think I'll have any issues?

Cheers!

I had 6mm machined off new rear brake discs mate, and ran a flap disc around the lip of the arch to get an extra couple mm. :)

I run 215/40 tyres and it never really catches anymore (just once on a super bad hole in the road)

Neil.

Neil if you sell this and then find out that the new owner spent £5.00 to fix it you are going to be gutted.

I'm really sorry Neil,but I just had to say.

Maybe swallow your proide and get professional help with it?!

I say this with the upmost respect and with no intention to cause offence.

cheers

Hey none taken mate :)

Its cool though, im definately keeping it now...Its off the road because im selling my house/moved back to dads and it won't go over the new speed bumps :(

Plus my few small plans to tackle...and im going to just stay relaxed about the problem with it...no panic, its been there for near on 3 years anyway :shock: :lol:

ps:More very good progress made :D

Neil.

A few things mate :D

I hate being secrative really...but i just don't want to say too much incase it goes wrong :o

Its a silly idea i had that may end up being crap that im most bothered about, its only a small thing compared to the other two things... :?

Its hard work this secrative rubbish :lol:

It can be pass the PM g60greeny :lol: that way its still a secret but not if you see what i mean......

:lol: Well here's progress on 1 of my 3 modifications. :D

'Cossie' intercooler.

fmicprojectstart.jpg

Its a nice deep intercooler, and should be good to see how it performs as far as 'pressurisation' compared to the usual rallye/sprinter type intercoolers...Plus its black :wink:

Just the outlet and positioning on the car thats a slight issue...

fmicproject16.jpg

fmicproject17.jpg

fmicproject18.jpg

Old outlet chopped off and cleaned up.

fmicproject20.jpg

fmicproject22.jpg

fmicproject24.jpg

fmicproject26.jpg

fmicproject27.jpg

I made a plate to cover old outlet and had it all welded up.

fmicproject32.jpg

Made some brackets up and test fitted, it mounts through handy holes in slam panel.

fmicproject21.jpg

I cut a section of the front panel bracing away!

fmicproject28.jpg

fmicproject23.jpg

fmicproject25.jpg

Far too much time on your hands to be so detailed with the pics and explanations but good work and good to se somebody at least cracking on with their car, you still keeping the original intercooler then as your after the alloy boost pipe for the stock pipe route.

Aye...The property game can be slow at times, im just fitting in what i can between looking at properties and trekking up to the unit most nights for an hour or two. :D

Original intercooler is going bye bye's...Just that the outlet now runs straight through the space next to the rad and with a bit of pipework (yet to sort) onto the alloy c/o pot pipe i was going for. Not bothering with it now though i don't think, going to get it up and running with the original plastic one chopped down.

Modification 2 and 3 are also in progress :D

Neil.

Cheers mate,

The bumper will be cut but with a slight twist which may go horribly, horribly wrong :lol: or it may be a cool first.

Local company did the welding through a good friend of mine, real happy with it :D

More progress pics soon! :D

Neil.

Not much else to report really apart from a little bit of pipework sorted.

Ive chopped the original C/O pot pipe so i can retain the C/O pot strangely enough!

fmicproject45.jpg

And ive got a 90d reducer to come off the rsr outlet on the charger, i needed long leg lengths for where it points down but needed to chop the charger end.

fmicproject43.jpg

fmicproject44.jpg

Neil. :)