Riley

Late Black G60

Standard system except for a decat pipe, sounds really good anyway... :lol: Was one of the first modifications to the car,and my problem appeared quite a while afterwards iirc.

The sytem is getting a bit tired now so i need to go for something new.

Neil. :)

Standard system except for a decat pipe, sounds really good anyway... :lol: Was one of the first modifications to the car,and my problem appeared quite a while afterwards iirc.

I got my stainless exhaust built on to the car at pipewerxs by Ian birch himself, they aren't far from the M58/M6 junction. £350 including a cat bypass and three boxes. Just make sure you get a perforated tube in the first box or it'll be loud with lots of cabin rattle. I know this for a fact, believe me it ain't pleasant.

I have had issues with exhaust movement but have put this down to the G-Werkes tubular manifold and the lack of a flexi in the down pipe but have since had a flexi fitted into the cat bypass. This reduced vibration and noise further but I think you get movement issues with whatever aftermarket exhaust you have fitted. It's the early hanger system it's just pants.

cheers.

I was just asking in general as your car gives really good figures.Just trying to get a feel for your mods.

:)

Cheers chaps, i was thinking of going for a pipewerx system, and actually thought about asking them to stick a flexi in there 8) Ive heard the range of back boxes isn't the best? I may try look out for a magnex back box (late var type hangers) and get the pipewerx center section, definately don't want it loud like...

Dirtytorque, if you check out CorradoG60.com and click spec, all my current mods are listed there :)

Neil.

Edited by Riley

Have got a power boosting bargain on the way :D

Current mileage and a few pics from the last Volksdevil north west at birch :D

g60147777miles.jpg

g60147777miles2.jpg

g60birch2906081.jpg

g60birch290608.jpg

g60birch2906084.jpg

g60birch2906082.jpg

g60birch2906083.jpg

Have got a power boosting bargain on the way :D

Current mileage and a few pics from the last Volksdevil north west at birch :D

your car looks very mean! As in evil. :) Where does the law stand on those lights, always wondered. Well done standing your ground on that manifold. :salute: Might be worth getting it fitted by Ian birch at pipewerxs he had to refit mine as I had a gasket backwards. :roll: Only charged me £50 or something and they are a b'stard to fit not like the original cast one which is comparatively a doddle.

Cheers mate 8)

Yellow lights are perfectly legal 8) Its the protection film i deal with at Lamin-X.co.uk

Thanks for the hint on the manifold...Considering fitting it myself if it will mate up to the current decat? Don't think it will though?

Cheers mate 8)

Yellow lights are perfectly legal 8) Its the protection film i deal with at Lamin-X.co.uk

Thanks for the hint on the manifold...Considering fitting it myself if it will mate up to the current decat? Don't think it will though?

Believe me it won't and then you'll be driving over to pipewerxs making very loud noises. Mine wouldn't mate to a stock cat and exhaust and getting the cat to move under the car was nigh on impossible. It's just not worth the hassle. I will transfer mine over with the engine out the car and just slide it into place. By the way I bought an 1989 Audi 90 2.3 10v 5 cylinder as a run around so now I can take my time putting the new engine in. :) But now I have two project cars. :brickwall:

Love the really aggressive feel to the car.

Even the german flag some how adds to the feel of the car.

Unique machine.

I like the yellow lights too.

It would look horrid on my car but looks cool on yours.

C'mon now don't be shy..

spill the beans re power adder.

Nice one CTW 8)

Few more brake horse when i get around to it...As the power adder turned up today. :)

Stainless 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with 1 3/4" primaries, just need to 'do sommet' with it and find an oval stainless back box, then im gonna probably look at getting pipewerx to make a center section.

g604branchmanifold.jpg

Nice one CTW 8)

Few more brake horse when i get around to it...As the power adder turned up today. :)

Stainless 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with 1 3/4" primaries, just need to 'do sommet' with it and find an oval stainless back box, then im gonna probably look at getting pipewerx to make a center section.

g604branchmanifold.jpg

Are you going to drive around with a little leather jacket and a perm to complete the look?

Some pics from recent meets...

tescog602.jpg

tescog6010.jpg

tescog60.jpg

tescog605.jpg

tescog606.jpg

tescog608.jpg

And i fitted some camber shims...But im gonna remove em i think because it looks utter crap. :gag:

g60camber3.jpg

birch3180810.jpg

i very agree with you that camber shims look bum raah! looks like its broken, love it apart from that was there a reason for fitting the camber shims apart from looks which didnt work lol :)

Bum raah :lol:

Aye...I fitted them to try and totally eliminate the scrubbing which actually never really happens, just the odd time at speed on a motorway hitting a really bad bump etc...Its really minimal, especially with the rear discs machined down by 6mm but im just being overly fussy i guess.

Looks sh|t thats for sure. :gag: :lol:

True :lol:

Just looks like its been in an accident :lol: Gonna take em off at some stage, when i can be bothered.

I replaced the rear geabox mount yesterday instead, so thats all the mounts done now with new genuine ones/nuts/bolts etc. 8)

Slightly better gear change from 1st > 2nd and 3rd > 2nd. 8)

Neil.

corradog60rainspours.jpg

New BBM charger outlet to replace the crap g-werks/pitstop one...Much better quality, and i have gained .5psi while on the first butterfly in the throttle body...haven't given it any stick yet to see the boost reading at full nacker.

It came in handy while i was taking the pics too...Excuse the temp jubilee clip.

radog60bbmchargeroutlet6.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet1.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet2.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet4.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet3.jpg

radog60bbmchargeroutlet5.jpg

Well, last few pics now as its officially off the road :(

Here is the old g-werks/pitstop rsr...There's no oil in there at all, its just the crappy charger lube which i don't bother with any more, crap idea.

G60corradochargeroutlet1.jpg

G60corradochargeroutlet.jpg

And off the road...joined by the valver.

g60offroadvalveron1.jpg

g60offroadvalveron2.jpg

g60offroadvalveron6.jpg

Yeah, thats how they come now mate.Very nice finish on them 8)

Will have a think on the camber shims...more than likely sell them, but im just tight for time at the mo.