Riley

Late Black G60

Cheers mate, good to see someone appreciate all the work im doing on it every spare minute i have...its killing me though, im absolutely knackered. :pale:

This afternoon i changed the thermostat and the flange, flange on front of head, fan switch, expansion tank with cap and G12.

Still have to get the rear coilovers off and rebuilt :(

g60thermostatexpansiontankcoolant24.jpg

yea its a bit shite that they fell to bits like they did really, considering the amount they cost, i dont suppose you kno if they make any stiffer springs for fk coilovers? i wanna try and stop some movement i have on the back end to try and reduce catching on the back arches!

Another silly picture update, a biggish one so apologies...

New oe style but gold plated aerial connector.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge25209.jpg

Since ive run out of money, and having an extra gauge to mount (the afr/wideband gauge) i made up a center console gauge pod, people pay crazy money for these things for the corrado's

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252091.jpg

In this pic you can just see the push button for the wideband, i later moved this obviously...see pics

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252092.jpg

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252094.jpg

I drew round the first one again incase i fecked it up.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252095.jpg

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252096.jpg

1 Gauge mounted, and a mk1 golf blanking plug came in handy.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252097.jpg

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252098.jpg

I then mounted the wideband calibration button and led under the gear gaitor along with the plugs/shift light jobby.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge2520911.jpg

Finally made a lighting loom up for the 3 vdo gauges where the stereo used to be.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge2520910.jpg

All mounted up, pleased with sommet for once.

g60centerconsolelc1gauge2520912.jpg

g60centerconsolelc1gauge252099.jpg

Video!!! Anything missing???

Also decided on a change...You may have seen that in the video, the yellow headlights have gone.

g60yellowsubtletintheadlights20209.jpg

The headlights are obviously as mint as they were before the Lamin-X was applied!

g60yellowsubtletintheadlights202091.jpg

New SubtleTint applied to one...

g60yellowsubtletintheadlights202093.jpg

Both done.

g60yellowsubtletintheadlights202094.jpg

Excuse the absolute filth!!!

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252096.jpg

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252094.jpg

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252093.jpg

g60rimsrunninglc1wideband252092.jpg

Cheers lads...but people are supppoed to say i should have kept the yellow :( :lol:

Phil, a single piece of 12"x16" will protect/cover the faces of both headlights mate, £15.99+p+p 8)

Another small/rushed update.

I don't have time to paint or cover with ally then paint the gauge pod...so i used some black suede type sh|t for now...

g60gaugepodnumberplates26209.jpg

g60gaugepodnumberplates262096.jpg

g60gaugepodnumberplates262092.jpg

g60gaugepodnumberplates262091.jpg

g60gaugepodnumberplates262093.jpg

Also forgot that ill be needing a front plate for the mot! Not gonna run one otherwise i don't think.

Mounted on the mk1 golf plate holder...Red font and many others to choose from :lol:

g60gaugepodnumberplates262094.jpg

g60gaugepodnumberplates262095.jpg

Got around to removing/dismantling the rear coilovers to fit new collars...As you can see, just like the fronts i recently did they are still generally in good order apart from the original collars which again literally fell off in bits.

g60newrearcoilovercollarsrubbers292.jpg

g60newrearcoilovercollarsrubbers-3.jpg

The caps were MEGA tight compared to the fronts, i had to resort to filing a small groove for the adjustable grips to get a hold.

g60newrearcoilovercollarsrubbers-2.jpg

Rebuilt/Greased to death again and then refitted, i also removed the silly camber shims. Shame i got all the brakes/disc/wheel bearing back on before realising id forgotten to fit the back plates! Idiot!

g60newrearcoilovercollarsrubbers-1.jpg

I think its ready for mot/tax/insurance now...Just need to throw the seats in properly. Quite excited about soon having it back on the road!

Neil.

nice one mate. might have to look at getting some of the laminate, i had the plastic headlight protectors but i stood on one of em and it lost the battle! lol plus they dont fit on with the headlight brow i have

Just caught up on the past few pages. Totally in admiration of the amount of hours you're putting into this and your skills mate. Really nice work indeed. Would be nice to see this car in the metal at some point!

Cheers lads, thanks for the kind words. I realise with all the pics that its probablt hard to keep up on what are pretty basic updates tbh. :) It really has been none stop though! But its finally ready for mot etc, it should be ok i reckon...just the drivers seat belt is a little slow to return.

Jim, likewise mate, always good to check out another corrado/vag motor 8)

Phil, I tend to get quite a few customers (mainly nissan/lotus owners) that contact me wanting to replace guards. Thet are always very happy in the end. I currently have some clear listed on ebay, but other colours are available via the website.

Neil.

Wow, great work - you have slaved on this car & it looks great

The smoked tint on the headlights is great by the way & the mesh where the number plate usually is looks awesome... :notworthy:

Hey thanks mate :D I think the continuous days/late nights have paid off...hopefully anyway. Ive just woken up...can't bloody sleep. :gag:

And ive just reinsured the G60 online :shock: Its booked in for the MOT on wednesday too, fingers crossed everything should be ok. Scared to death of driving it tbh, the roads around here are getting really bad really quick.

Adz, a piece at 12x16 will protect both headlights mate 8)

Neil.

Its back home! :D

Mot time tommorow!

It seems to drive alright, nice and tight with the new wishbones/bushes/track rods/ball joints/top mounts etc etc Just needs the tracking/camber tweaking.

Im just really wary of it having done so much work on it over the past god knows how long...

g60backhomebeforemot3309.jpg

g60backhomebeforemot33091.jpg

Sidelights on.

g60backhomebeforemot33092.jpg

Low beam.

g60backhomebeforemot33093.jpg

It passed nno probs cheers mate...but...

After the G60 had been on the road for all of a few days after all the recent work, the problems started again. :pale:

The end tank of the radiator is cracked and slowly weeping coolant.

The power steering pump (No longer available from vw! :bad-words: ) is screaching on full lock.

And someone has popped one of the tyres...again :bad-words:

Ive really fallen out with the whole car game lately, can't even be ar$ed sorting the tyre/finding some one who is competant/caring enough to fit a new tyre. :roll:

So its looked like this for around 3 weeks...Been thinking about a cam along with sorting the 'new problems' out just to try and get some enthusiasm back but i dunno...Maybe its time to call it a day.

radog60sebringpoppedtyre1.jpg

radog60sebringpoppedtyre.jpg

Neil.

if your not enjoying it take a break for a while..

btw I liked the yellow lights.I really did,but it looks even better now.Lean mean and clean. 8)

realy good idea for the gauge holder mate il probo have to do the same with myn they were wedged in there with my wooly hat :D

shame ya having a bad run looks like alot of effort has been put in im sure ul get back on it! ul soon forget how mutch of a a pain the last lot of work you did was and do it all again thats what happens to me. :)

good luck top motor!

I wouldn't waste your time with a cam mate quite honestly. Heard many many different people who've suggested sticking with he standard cam on a G60 and just concentrating on tuning in other areas (intercooler, charger work, head work, etc)

if your not enjoying it take a break for a while..

btw I liked the yellow lights.I really did,but it looks even better now.Lean mean and clean. 8)

I really liked the Yellow too mate, still prefer them i think actually.

ul soon forget how mutch of a a pain the last lot of work you did was and do it all again thats what happens to me. :)

good luck top motor!

Cheers mate. Thats the thing, ive had so much grief with this thing since day 1, and ive done so much work on it im bored of constantly having problems on top of problems. Its hated me since the day i bought it :lol:

I wouldn't waste your time with a cam mate quite honestly. Heard many many different people who've suggested sticking with he standard cam on a G60 and just concentrating on tuning in other areas (intercooler, charger work, head work, etc)

Intercooler - Sierra cosworth - Check. :salute: :D

Charger - Full blend pitstop - Check. :salute: :D

Head work, was planning to port one meself but unsure now.

Its currently 206 brake so a cam would be a bit more power for cheapish money, was gonna spec one for use in both standard head and self ported head with bigger valves. I still have the 4 branch sat around too...And its still running the standard but decatted exhaust system, so there's potentially some good gains to come from the ol 1800cc yet. Just undecided whether or not to keep going with it to try and keep the enthusiasm going for it. :scratch: