Riley

Late Black G60

Still unsure whether to carry on with it or not...Hmmmm.

Finally got a new toyo proxey 215/40/16 at £70 quid from blackcircles, and ended up getting kwik fit to fit it! I was there for a good hour, 4 lads bouncing the wheel round trying to get the tyre to seat on the bead. It just wouldn't go on! They aren't overly stretched (not that i want them to be!) but never had grief when i first got em...

Latest pics from Christian off Volksdevil, who has buggered off round the world the raggy git!

Neil.

radog60chrispics3.jpg

radog60chrispics6.jpg

radog60chrispics9.jpg

radog60chrispics2.jpg

radog60chrispics5.jpg

radog60chrispics10.jpg

radog60chrispics7.jpg

radog60chrispics11.jpg

radog60chrispics8.jpg

love it mate, how can you wanna give up when you have so much more you can do and with something that looks like that?!

Its like running a marathon, it does not matter how much you have prepared before hand for many years once you hit the wall there is no way past it, it all becomes irrelevant.

Thats a good way to sum it up mate...Are you taking part in the race for life? :lol:

love it mate, how can you wanna give up when you have so much more you can do and with something that looks like that?!

Thats the problem Phil...Like you say, i have loads of silly idea's left yet but i dunno...Its been such a nightmare since day one, i can still remember the day when the water pump went after just buying it and its been a looooong and expensive/stressful road since that very day :pale: They all look good eh? but thats all im liking at the minute, not fast enough, not enough money to make it faster :lol:

Ill be at the dubpres meet in it tonight at least anyway, and ive just ordered a new radiator for the bloody thing.

Just read this from page 30, can't believe the hours you've put into it! Looks mean as with the full tinted front. Very 8)

Hats off to you sir!

:notworthy:

Keep the faith, you can't give it up now!

Aye, thats the one Phil! 8)

Just read this from page 30, can't believe the hours you've put into it! Looks mean as with the full tinted front. Very 8)

Hats off to you sir!

:notworthy:

Keep the faith, you can't give it up now!

Thank you mate, hats off to you also, for reading from page 30! :lol: :D

New radiator fitted.

Still need a new radiator elbow etc before i can finally stick (some more!!!) coolant in as the original one had snapped/seized bolts (ive replaced it before) and a spare ive put on has broken on the end. Which means the helpfull dealers...

Temp cable tie on the charger oil feed as the radiator is slightly diffarent.

535 121 647 - elbow.

535 121 687 - seal.

N010 3664 - long bolt.

N0102228 - short bolt.

N010 2265 - 2X washers.

535 121 275 2X rubbers.

radog60newradiator.jpg

Does this look like £55 quids worth to anyone else? :(

New radiator elbow.

Elbow seal.

2x elbow bolts and spring washers.

2x Radiator mounting rubbers. (one was split)

8x Zaust manifold copper squash nuts.

8x Washers for the above.

4x Zaust manifold gaskets.

Got the radiator elbow/bolts on and finally got to flush the coolant (again) and fill up with a g12+ mix.

The zaust stuff is for when i possibly fit the 4 branch, i fitted all new zuast studs/nuts/washers when i had the head off, but thought best to replace em again minus the studs hopefully.

g60radiatorelbow125091.jpg

I have just had a play up at the unit.

Bought this digital voltage gauge as i may end up doing away with the VDO one in the dash.

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge.jpg

Nowhere for it to go without looking like an 'add on' type thing, so split the box open.

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge1.jpg

I bet ya know whats coming next? lol

Take a dash blank and chop the back pegs off, and cut a hole in it. Plastic weld the pegs from the dash blank onto/through the circuit board.

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge2.jpg

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge3.jpg

I forgot that the box it was in provided a sort of blank for the non lit digits, so i stuck some Lamin-X over the face. You can see the effect.

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge4.jpg

Fitted!

Its off center because i haven't finished it yet, needs tidying around the edges and i have another idea for it. When lit, it looks a lot more black/red than it does in the pics.

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge9.jpg

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge8.jpg

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge6.jpg

corradog60leddigitalvoltgauge7.jpg

Wasn't happy with the 'obvious' cut out in the digi voltage gauge i made, so wrapped it in some GunSmoke Lamin-X to give it a glossy, more finished/standard look.

DSC06421.jpg

DSC06422.jpg

DSC06423.jpg

Ive also just bought two more 9x16 Borbet A's... :?

Just bought two more 9x16 borbets...Just because they were the right money with the same size tyres as im currently running. 215/40's.

Was planning on either going red centers, or black centers with red dishes and run them on one side of the car. But after fitting them, i think im gonna leave em as they are and look for another two.

g60radonewsilverborbets.jpg

And fitted, looks totally diffarent to how i imagined. Maybe i should have never painted the new ones i bought!?

g60radonewsilverborbets3.jpg

g60radonewsilverborbets2.jpg

g60radonewsilverborbets1.jpg

g60radonewsilverborbets5.jpg

g60radonewsilverborbets4.jpg

Poor photoshops of what i was going to do...

g60redborbetps.jpg

g60redborbetps4.jpg

g60redborbetps3.jpg

g60redborbetps2.jpg

I like the standard wheel colour fella, car looks really mean and I think the red spoils the look.

Love the car though.

Rich.

yea i agree, i like what you have done with the black centres but there is something about the all silver wheels which is very cool :D

Awesome car! I think the wheels look mint as they are. red on dark Cs is nice in little bits- badges, lights, calipers, but too much spoils it!

hi i like the black centres on the wheels very nice C you have

fitted some subtle tint on the headlamps very happy

wood like some red 4 the back lamps :grin:

Cheers lads...The corrado is back on the 4 borbets that i painted black now while i look for another two original/silver ones. Still undecided which i prefer tbh.

Not much happened lately really. But ive been collecting brand new vdo gauges for a while to replace the ones i currently have.

Still awaiting finding an intake temp gauge, and need an a-pillar pod to mount the afr/lambda gauge as it now has no place in the dash.

Ive gone for a diffarent route as far as boost, using both vac and boost which looks great as one needle rises to zero then the boost shoots up. Its just more accurate imo.

The collection so far:

Vac, Boost, oil temp, oil pressure, volts. Along with sump plug oil temp sender and red led bulbs.

g60vdogauges2009.jpg

g60vdogauges20092.jpg

g60vdogauges20093.jpg

g60vdogauges20094.jpg

g60vdogauges20095.jpg

Then i made a new panel out of 1/4" as the one i made previously from ally plate was a bit too thin.

vdogaugesgearknob.jpg

Then fitted all the new gauges, bottom gauge pod was one i made previously.

vdogaugesgearknob1.jpg

Retrimmed it to match the lower one.

vdogaugesgearknob2.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob3.jpg

Spare knackered corrado gear knob.

vdogaugesgearknob6.jpg

Some new leather cut out and sewn together.

vdogaugesgearknob7.jpg

Won a chavvy red led gear knob on ebay for 99p! And stripped it of the good bit

vdogaugesgearknob8.jpg

Drilled it out and fitted the led part from chavvy one, and recovered in the new leather.

vdogaugesgearknob10.jpg

Spent some time modifying the top but didn't manage pics.

vdogaugesgearknob11.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob13.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob12.jpg

All Fitted. Although i never knew the threaded part was damaged so its no good. Ill modify another...

vdogaugesgearknob17.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob18.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob14.jpg

vdogaugesgearknob15.jpg

All the red looks much more red in real life, like the only pic i could manage to show it below.

vdogaugesgearknob4.jpg

Crap video of the vac/boost.

th_vdogaugesgearknobvideo.jpg

Superb work, looks really good, something really cool about loads of gauges...........think I need some.

Rich

Cheers mate 8)

Ive still got more yet, just don't have the room for them :lol: Gonna have to decide on which ones to use!

Can I ask where you bought the gauges from?, look really 8) and VDO stays with the OEM theme.

TIA

Rich

Yet again Riley... :notworthy:

Watched the video a few times and its still 8)