Riley

Late Black G60

those pics of your car outside....yes, yes, and yes! love the borbet b's and love it on the deck. A very jealous black Corrado g60 owner here.

Ah please don't be mate! Very kind of you though!:thumbleft:

May have another play with it tonight, tidy up a few more bits.

Absolutely love your car, was a big inspiration for my first corrado and probably made me go the direction I did with my current one. Looks soo sick dropped on its backside!

Thanks mate! Glad to be an inspiration!:thumbleft: I used to get a lot of comments like this with the mk1 so to get them for the Corrado is brill, thanks. I just do what I can really.

Ideally I want to get my Borbet A's back on (Wish I'd never sold my design 90's too actually) and also the Yellow headlights will make a comeback.

This week I'm going to look at fitting a new abs sensor on the rear, finish off the air ride (Boot install etc) and get it back on the road after an MOT pass hopefully!:thumbleft:

Sounds a plan, good work Riley! Just thought I'd mention, if you ever feel like selling the Borbet B's, let me know! In the meantime more pics please!

Haha I do keep getting asked about them, but I'll probably keep them as a half decent second set once the A's are sorted.

Have hit a small hurdle with the car (Knackered rear caliper carrier) so I'm going for all new rear brakes consisting of new corrado carriers/bolts/handbrake cables etc and new mk4 calipers. Will update soon and do a write up/guide on the conversion, there will be too many pics as always:thumbleft:

Lol, coming soon. Have been waiting for more parts for the rear brake conversion but today I painted the new carriers and mk4 golf calipers. Pics/update soon.

EDIT: Oh and tonight I've just finished my spreadsheet of total costings on the Corrado over the past 7/8 years of ownership. Have added all receipts I've got and the total...

£21,382.70!!!

Seriously! :bonk:That's without buying the bloody thing!

Edited by Riley

I hope you've got agreed value insurance !

Seriously Neil,your car is one of the best out there,I'd love to see it in the flesh

Wow mate, that's a hell of a thing to say! :notworthy: Much appreciated but it's nothing special really, I'ts no show car or anything but it does get used! I just do my best with it and try and do what I want to do myself.:thumb right:

I've just (Nearly finsihed) fitting the Mk4 golf calipers on the rear.

I went for:

New ABS sensor

New Handbrake cables.

New Corrado Carriers.

New Mk4 Golf calipers.

New brake pads.

New greenstuff front pads for the hell of it.

Banjo bolts.

Conversion stainless braided hoses with clear covers from on here.

And some Halfords red brake caliper paint lol. Thought I'd try something different to the hammerite I've always used before.

I've done a massive/comprehensive guide on Volksdevil here too. :thumbleft:

New Carriers, Calipers, Handbrake cables.

Corradomk4golfrearbrakeconversionbits1.jpg

Halfords brake caliper paint, cleaner/degreaser etc.

Corradomk4golfrearbrakeconversionbits2.jpg

New carrier bolts, banjo bolts etc.

Corradomk4golfrearbrakeconversionbits3.jpg

Conversion hoses, from on here, very nice.

Corradomk4golfrearbrakeconversionbits4.jpg

Masked up all the bits where the pads will sit on the carriers (Then copper greased the masked areas), masked bits on actual calipers. Then painted and all fitted up.

CorradoMk4rearbrakespaint3.jpg

CorradoMk4rearbrakespaint4.jpg

The finish on the carriers was a bit rough cast unfortunately, hence a crap finish, but they will do.

CorradoMk4rearbrakespaint2.jpg

CorradoMk4rearbrakespaint1.jpg

And a pic fitted up from the guide I've done.

CorradoMk4rearbrakeswalkthrough14.jpg

Edited by Riley

Not much managed today, just went around torquing up bolts etc. Fitted the new Greenstuff front pads and bled all the brakes. Clutch is super light now! I wanted to go for the pagid fast road pads again as I found them to be really good, but no longer made unfortunately!

EBCGreenstufffrontbrakepads.jpg

Finally got the boot build back together and near enough finished after having to dismantle it all to sort other issues.

Crap pics for now...Neons, custom led boot lights, cig lighter torch all lit up, powered up and working. All lighting goes off when the boot lid closes.

Digi volt gauge and compressor compartment temp gauge both working good. Tank pressure gauge working good.

Just need to fit some perspex in the two compartments, fit my black screw head covers, and fit my Vw badge door handles on the side compartments.

corradoairridenearlythere3.jpg

corradoairridenearlythere1.jpg

corradoairridenearlythere2.jpg

---------- Post added at 3:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:13 AM ----------

Whoops, forgot my silly little crap video!

[video=youtube;2KUD0-u1SEk]

Cheers lads! Really can't wait to get it back on the road, just awaiting a door handle repair piece, then give the brakes a quick check over and off for MOT hopefully!

Pulled it out again today after popping on the brand spanker center caps, forgot to put the 'Borbet' stickers on them though! I can't wait to get some proper pics of it all cleaned up again, rather than dark iphone pics but I just can't help meself lol.

airridecorradooutsidenearly1.jpg

airridecorradooutsidenearly6.jpg

airridecorradooutsidenearly3.jpg

airridecorradooutsidenearly4.jpg

Boot build...

airridecorradooutsideboot.jpg

Neil, seriously don't put the A's back on. The B's are far far better!!!!

Btw is there a discount code for laminx anymore??

Bloody hell, everybody's telling me that lol. I'd love to get my A's back on but will have to wait till I get around to painting them or sommet.

There is indeed still a discount code available Abdul, will PM you.

I agree, B's all the way. Just looks awesome aired out over them! Do you have to do anything to get this discount code you mention? I was planning to tint fogs/indicators/headlights very soon :-) thanks.

Just throw me a PM for the discount code no problem.:thumbleft:

Borbet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'S! by the way.

LOL.:smug:

No real updates, still awaiting a door handle repair piece before I can MOT it, frustrating only needing such a small thing!

Well I've driven it home/about a bit, although I've only just received the door handle repair piece for the MOT which I still need. Having issues getting into my unit for my tools though as the leccy steel shutter door has thrown a wobbler and won't let me in!

First thoughts from the little driving I've done...

The rebound of the suspension feels just like the konigsports did when they were new, the damping feels slightly on the softer side than the konigsports were. Basically when I saw somebody once type "Riding on air is like riding on pillows from God" Well, I'd agree with that! Very nice!

So anyway, I'm still awaiting an MOT yet before I can get a proper drive and proper pics etc. In the mean time, my kids have either become very strong...Or I'm three wheelin lol. Crazy, it can lift either rear wheel off the ground!

12_11_12liftingCorradog601.jpg

That is one damn tasty G60 mate i owned one for a few months now slumming it in an R32 powered ex-G60 got a few bit's to do before it's up to your standard's very nice:notworthy:

Thanks mate, I'm sure you'll get there with yours. It's never ending ain't it? lol. I was going to R32 mine but I think I'm going to stay with the G60, maybe build a tasty lump up or give it another 8 valves...Not sure yet.

Just looking back at the pics from when I first bought it...I don't recognise the bloody thing haha! £21K later it's changed so massively really! Gone through so much with this car over the last 8 years or so man.

raddog607.jpg

raddog606.jpg

raddog605.jpg

raddog608.jpg

Thanks mate, I'm sure you'll get there with yours. It's never ending ain't it? lol. I was going to R32 mine but I think I'm going to stay with the G60, maybe build a tasty lump up or give it another 8 valves...Not sure yet.

Just looking back at the pics from when I first bought it...I don't recognise the bloody thing haha! £21K later it's changed so massively really! Gone through so much with this car over the last 8 years or so man.

The G60 i had was a TSR 2 litre 8v tall block with a bahn brenner charger it was pretty quick mate but after having a weigh up of what i could spend on it i ended up opting for the R32 which has got in excess of 20k in receipt's it just need's finishing it is super quick tho it has demolished a lotus exige new shape m3 and an m5 could only just get away they are a serious engine R32's I have a 330 bhp cossie powered sierra xr4x4 i used to run and to be honest the corrado feel's quicker especially when you get up the rev range and the vvt comes in ooooooooooffhhh.

Edited by CazzaVR