Sign in to follow this  
task

which car would you get?

Which one of these is more likely for you guys to get ?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is more likely for you guys to get ?

In the above grudge match, Clarkson still went for the Alfa as his car of choice! That engine is a peach. You don't buy an Alfa with you head, you but one with your heart. It's got the odds stacked against it on a VW forum for onwers of cars who generally place engiineering and quality above Italian styling and flair.

Interesting question. Considering I already own a Leon Cupra, I wish it was an R :roll: I would actually choose an R32. I like the look of the Alfa from the outside, but don't like the interior.

Instaed of buying a Cupra R, you can pick up early Cupras quite cheap now, and chip them to around std Cupra R power, which I am very tempted to do. Early Cupra Rs are 210 BHP, late ones are 225 BHP. Mine is 180 BHP and can be re-mapped to produce 207 BHP and apparently around 60 Ib/ft more torque. :D

What are you waiting for! Get one of those fancy switchable chips with girl mode and man mode!

There is one small problem, I have to sell either the Leon or Corrado :cry: , if I keep the Leon I'll chip it, and get some 18" wheels, but only after the Corrado goes. I really really do not want to get rid of the Corrado, so I have a big dilema at the moment.

In the above grudge match, Clarkson still went for the Alfa as his car of choice!

I think that was his choice because it was just so mental and he seemed to love the idea of too much power going through the front wheels! And it was also so different to the others which gave it character.

That engine is a peach.

No arguments there. Looks and sounds awesome and that bank of chrome inlet tracts looks fantastic.

You don't buy an Alfa with you head, you but one with your heart. It's got the odds stacked against it on a VW forum for onwers of cars who generally place engiineering and quality above Italian styling and flair.

Unfortunately Alfa's poor reliability record is going to live with the brand for years to come, although recent ones are a lot better than they ever were. Skoda eventually shook off it's bad name and Alfa will too one day.

Maybe Audi should have bought the Alfa instead of Lamborghini!

I'm a bit biased towards Alfa's as we used to have a 75 (inboard rear discs, 2 litre twin sp, rear mounted gearbox, rear wheels drive, last of the proper pre-Fiat Alfa's) and Dad's got one of these now which is really nice:

Phil,

Revo are quoting 207 bhp and 232 lbs/ft for your car after the re-programming..... exactly why I am considering getting a Leon Cupra myself!

:wink:

Jimbob1970,

Yeah that should keep me happy for a while, I bought my Leon off a friend, he had a free 5 hour trial upgrade, it was very quick.

Its just the thought of watching my Corrado driving away and me never driving it again which is stopping me. I've put so much effort and money into my Corrado and I'm quite attached to it now. Mind you I can think of worse decisions to have to make.

god thats a tough one. I think the Alfa looks the best and if it was not my money would get that despite not being the most driveable, it has by far the best engine. But if I were to tune it maybe a Leon 225, of course I love the R32 aswell. I'm also in the minority of liking the CTR which I drove for quite a few miles.

Hmmmm.....

I wouldn't pick any of them TBH.

I'd rather have the new Integra Type-r (RSX) :wink: