Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Recaro Interior Pics?

Sweet looking mate, I would love those for my C, so if you ever want to sell them can I have first refusal :wink: :roll:

heres my geometric black recaro's.... only a quick pic as it was rain-snowing (again!)

They're the daddy of interiors 8) 8)

Got Grey Electric Heated Electric Recaro's in my new one! :D

Only prob is the heater doesnt work on the passenger side, and the electrics half work, thought it was still worth getting the car tho, as you dont see many with the recaro interior, if i get chance, will post some pics

only thing, can anyone tell me why they have the seat release on both sides? and why it isnt big enough to hold the seat belt, like the non recaros do, may be a daft question, but just wondering, only had the car since saturday and just noticed it last night!

What C have you bought?

I wondered if it was something to do with the seats being symmetrical so they could be fitted to both sides of the car, but I havent had a proper look yet.

My passenger seat will lift but not go down, I swopped the switch with one from the drivers side and it works ok.

I have opened up the faulty switch but so far cannot see what is wrong with it.

Its a 'VW' switch with VW part number, might ring the dealer for a price for a good laugh!

:o

I've no idea what purpose the levers on both sides serve other than to say "hey I've got Recaros" :lol: and sure, they're not as practical as the standard seat levers, but hey, they look cooler! :lol:

The C's a 94M Blackberry with Grey Leather VR6 Auto, and before anyone knocks the auto - try it, cause i had a manual last time, and the auto aint much different acceleration wise, did think twice about the auto, but the cars only done 79K and she's in very good nick

I may try to change one of the switches, see if it makes a difference, not fiddled round with the passenger side yet so not sure what works on that one

Nice, thats where i've got my recaro's from, a '93 VR6 Auto!

The kickdown is good, if you prod the throttle quick enough you (dont even need to full throttle) it will drop two gears and fly! it doesnt change up until the red line either!

Only thing is , it sometimes stalls on multi-storey car park ramps, embarassing!

I've no idea what purpose the levers on both sides serve other than to say "hey I've got Recaros" :lol: and sure, they're not as practical as the standard seat levers, but hey, they look cooler! :lol:

Never been sat in the driver seat and had a passenger trying to get in the back with a couple of bags?

Never been sat in the driver seat and had a passenger trying to get in the back with a couple of bags?

:lol: Nobody was mad enough to get into my car as a passenger

It didn't help that the previous owner had taken the middle levers off so it was easier for him to strap the kids in the back :roll:

The C's a 94M Blackberry with Grey Leather VR6 Auto, and before anyone knocks the auto - try it, cause i had a manual last time, and the auto aint much different acceleration wise, did think twice about the auto, but the cars only done 79K and she's in very good nick

I may try to change one of the switches, see if it makes a difference, not fiddled round with the passenger side yet so not sure what works on that one

when you turn the seat heat on or off you should hear a relay in the passenger side qurter panel click, each seat has its own relay

are all leather recaros heated? and has anybody got a pic of a rado that actually came with cream interior want to see how much of the plastic was cream too? were they all lhd? i have cream now and the door cards are lhd so im cgonna make some cunning blanking plates with real carbon for the window switches and mirror adjuster.

The Storms that had cream leather were all RHD, so shouldn't be too hard finding a pic of the interior ;)

I think I've only ever seen about 6 sets of them because most people that could afford the extra for Recaros spent the extra again to get them in leather.

ill get some pics but im not selling sweet'art 8)

they are going in my mk2 :lol:

maybe in the corrado when i buy one 8)

Cool some sort of seat appreciation thread!

Here is the another type of reccaro trim only fitted to early cars:

And it an old duvet cover in the window I use as a dust cover before anyone makes any silly comments

*Cough* Dinkus *Cough* :wink:

are all leather recaros heated? and has anybody got a pic of a rado that actually came with cream interior want to see how much of the plastic was cream too? were they all lhd? i have cream now and the door cards are lhd so im cgonna make some cunning blanking plates with real carbon for the window switches and mirror adjuster.

hey billinjahg60 i'd be interested hw this turns out like, im in the same boat as you,