bristolbaron

G60.. what's it worth?.. Now Bristolbarons Gallery!

intro: My members gallery thread started life as a whats it worth, when a friend was selling his G60, which had seen much better days. I bought the car, and liked the idea of keeping the thread to show it from it's very worst state:

A friend has a G60 that may soon be up for sale..

Just wondered if anyone could help with opinions of values?

There are definate good and bad points,

Good: Full service history, 99k, recent charger rebuild, electric recaro's, electric windows, mirrors and sunroof all fully operational. Completely standard and unmolested. HPI clear.

Bad: No Tax or MOT. Bodywork not in great condition, most panels are scratched. Offside front wing dented, small dent in offside 'A' pillar, lacquer peeling on sunroof, spolier not operational, BBS centre caps stolen!

The car has been garaged for 6 months and could do with a new home. I think it would be a great summer project for someone looking to pick up a base car, but neither of us can work out how much it's worth!!

Any help appreciated!!

Yeah would say £1,500 or maybe a smidge more - really helped by good charger and Recaro's.. would definately be worth more in parts!

It would be a shame to break it.

its all I see on Ebay just now ...

people breaking corrados and plenty of parts available for them too,

it would be better if kept on its feet and painted up

About £1750 as long as the engine is in good condition, serviced charger, desirable interior. It really only needs a full respray/small amount of bodywork to get it back into shape. Then the buyer would have a sweet Corrado for around the £3000 mark, maybe cheaper.

Would agree.. 1500 now.. double if you sorted paint probs and providing charger was good + service history

Interesting views here, especially £750 for the recaros?? I cant believe that cloth seats could be worth this much?!? Crazy..

I would love to buy it myself, but just don't have the cash at the moment. Would be great to get this looking how it should. I think his plan now is to get it MOT'd and sold soon!

bristolbaron, Electric leather Recaros went for £1638 on E-Bay last week.So about £1k cheaper for cloth,sounds fair to me.In my opinion the cloth Recaros are more desirable than standard leather and standard leather goes for anything between £600 and £1000. 8)

I would love to buy it myself, but just don't have the cash at the moment. Would be great to get this looking how it should. I think his plan now is to get it MOT'd and sold soon!

I ended up buying it didn't I!! :roll: :oops:

Well, it’s about time I organised a thread for my G60, and thought I’d use this as the starting point!

After these pics were taken, my mate bought replacement front end panels and sunroof. The colour match was okay, but not perfect. The car was MOT'd and a tidier set of standard BBS were bought.

The day after everything was done, he offered it to me at a price I couldn’t refuse.

The bumpstrips were painstakingly removed shortly after and my inpro's, headlight loom, stereo and MDF boot floor were transferred from my old 16v.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21945

That was sold to PeteL.

Over the summer, I bought:

Lupo Wipers

Passat rear handles

17" alloys

3 slat grille

German Plate

This kept me happy until:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29299

The car wasn’t smashed that bad, but was in need of a respray on the driver’s side. At the same time I decided to have the rest of the paintwork done, so everything matched! It went to Crash, based in Corsham [nr Bath] who did a pretty lousy job first time round. It went straight back to them and in fairness, they were very quick to rectify the faults.

I bought a pair of deseamed wingmirrors and these were sprayed and fitted at the same time.

Which takes us pretty much up to now.

I've just come back from G-werks, to have the car properly serviced and looked after. Although I can do basic servicing [with the help of a mechanic mate!] I wanted to have it properly checked over.

At the same time as servicing, the carbon canister was removed, boost return was deleted, and an RS outlet was fitted. The drive home was fun!

Next week I’ll post up 'after' pics, of the respray & engine bay. In the mean time, you'll have to make do with these pics, of the car looking a fair bit better then it did in page one!

Plans for the near future include:

Fitting chrome guage bezels and VDO guages

H&R coilovers.

MODS: Can this be changed to be my gallery thread please!!

Top tip: if you click edit on the top right of your first post in the thread, you can also change the thread title ;)

I never got round to posting pics after the respray, so here a random selection and a quick update. The car was RR'd at stealth in November last year, and got 181 BHP and 176 lb torque. Very respectable from a pretty standard engine!

I have also not got round to fitting my H&R's [currently being refurb'ed through Gwerks.] .. or the VDO guages.. or the guage bezels!

However! i sold the 17" BBS replicas, and bought some 4 stud solitude to last me over the winter. these did the job, but i've now just fitted 17x7.5 Borbet A's

Future plans still include fitting the H&R's, but also now a Gwerks full exhaust and De-cat, and a charger service.

you cleaned it!!!! thats not in the rules! lovely looking mate rims looking sweet just needs to hit the weeds now!

Looking good mate, she's come along way especially when people suggested breaking it!! Bet you get alot of satisfaction looking at the before and after pics.

As said before the rims set it off.

Fair play to you for not breaking it, it looks sweet! :thumbleft:

Like The Hub said, bet your feeling mighty smug now!

Love those mirrors too, gotta get me a set! 8)

billinjahg60, sorry! i'll never clean it for no rice though, i promise! The Hub, g60dave, yup, glad i got my hands on it. it's taken a fair bit of overdraft to get it where it is, but when its waxed it's all worth it!

..and the H&R's are on their way!