Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

Mmmmm Thinking of Defecting........

Hey! Be Nice! The 3 is one of quickest Evo's,

Ther is no real difference between the 5 and 6, agree the 3 doesn't look as good as 5's onwards (Apart from the 7 which looks s**t) but it grows on you.......Plus it's half the price of a 5 or 6 with almost the same performance!

steve

I completely disagree. Nothing wrong with the Evo 3, although the 5 is the weapon of choice IMO. Certainly quicker than any standard Corrado, so if speed's your passion....

I love evo 4's!!! They're just something about them, I don't think they look as in your face as the 5 and 6.

Although a bloke who I work with has an Evo 6 and the only word to describe it is BRUTAL!! When he boots it, it feels like Lisa Riley is sat on your chest!

LOL, Rack! Only like the 5's onwards, and everyone I have talked to says the YAW control is brilliant and makes the car handle much better so I would go with that, but no way is an evo3 better than a new Subaru, certainly not a WR1, That boxer engine is the best sounding 4 pot I have ever heard. But this price range is dangerously close to skylines/Supras that IMO are a bit more classy, and I love RWD! Have you considered getting a nice late nissan 200 for about 5-6k and spend 1k and you have 280bhp through the rear wheels.

I hope you're going to saw down every tree and lampost within a 20 mile radius...........you're bound to hit one!!

Not a great fan of the whole Scooby / EVO thing to be honest - they have become so sophisticated that you don't really need any driving ability to travel quickly - I prefer to be in a car that I need to master and have to learn how to get the best out of it

Saw down Everything......Lol!

I'd still keep the C, it would be my cherished weekend toy!

I disagree with them having no style......They are brutal in your face cars, designed with one purpose only, Winning the WRC championship, which it has done several times!

They are a big 2 fingers to the rest of the motoring world, it may lots of sticky out bits but at least they are there for a reason!

If I can spend 7grand and go and destroy some ferrari and porka owners egos then it gets the vote for me :)

Nissan 200 is a no no, has to be 4WD, as PhatVR6 will agree, me and RWD would just not mix :)

Just out of curiosity how many times has the lancer won the WRC?

I looked on the net but couldn't find any archive results as I'm not so sure that they have won it several times?