Sign in to follow this  
Storm Warning

Whats the best tyres for my Std Storm?

Hi,

I need to fit new tyres to my Storm (on std 15 inchers). I am currently running BFGoodrich Profiler G which are great new, but performance drops off dramatically when you get to 3-4mm. Is there a better choice with being supper stupid on prices :-)

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

There's loads to choose from and tyres are subjective....one man's Pam Anderson is another man's Hilda Ogden.

I recently slapped a set of Avon ZZ3s on mine and I've been very impressed with them. I'm normally a Bridgestone man but the Avon lady has tempted me away.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk Have a browse.... good prices.

I have have p6000's and some continentals, both were really bad, though the extra extra hard compound on the latter lasted for years! performance was poo though.

I have Dunlop Sport on mine. Seem OK but Im no Finnish rallier.

My son fitted Michelin Pilot when he had VR6.

He said the reduction in road noise was impressive, but they are expensive.

I have Dunlop Sport on mine. Seem OK but Im no Finnish rallier.

My son fitted Michelin Pilot when he had VR6.

He said the reduction in road noise was impressive, but they are expensive.

Pilots all round on me 2. you get a little extra tread over the p6000 but a little less grippie. Prob is the VR is very heavey front end I think and there is alot of torqe going to the front wheels that also do your steering.

so far (imho) I think its luck of the draw. pot luck if you like as to whats good and whats pants. seems to differ from differnt batches. so good luck.

In the words of the committments "pick a nipple and blow" :D

I may stick with the BFGs, they are good (for the time they last), I am thinking about getting some new rims this year (I say this every year) so perhaps I should leave a change in maker until then. Then I have to decide whether to go for 16s or 17s :-)...

I may potentially have a set of four 195/50-15 Avon ZV3's up for sale soon if the 17s I've bought actually fit without rubbing! The Avons are supposed to be very quiet, and these have not been fitted to any wheels yet...

PM me if you might be interested - I'm in Surrey btw 8)

Have a look on http://www.blackcircles.com or http://www.mytyres.co.uk. See what premium brands are cheap. I got some Toyo Proxes delivered for £32 a corner a few months back for my G60. I couldn't believe how cheap they were. Tyre places will charge ca. £10 a corner to fit and balance. The Toyo's seem to perform very well but I wouldn't know about any other "performance" tyres. I had some Dunlop SP9000's on my old car and they were good though