Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

I give up!!!! ( NOW FIXED HURAHHHHH)

a dizzy problem wont cause it to overfuel. If there is a good spark then i would say its ok... the fact the engine is running suggests the spark is timed close to right. Sounds like the reason it stopped in the first place was flooding.

I must admit i had an earthing issue on a golf gti once which foxed me for a while.... it seemed to crank ok but just a little slowly. Engine flooded everytime on startup. only way to get it to run was to turn it over with the injectors disconnected and then plug them in when it caught. ran fine once it was going tho. Turned out to be the main earth strap to the gearbox. Simple test for that tho. Just clip a jump lead from the neg terminal straight to the head or block.

cleaning the dizzy internally seemed to get it going again I removed it and cleaned it thoroughly and sprayed some wd40 in there and then re fitted it, at the same time I also put another new set of spark plugs in and timed it up it started first time but was very lumpy a idle but was fine on acceleration ie not on vacuum! as soon as it went on to idle it was very lumpy again.

I ve since run a lead straight from the negative of the battery onto the cylinder head and also one down to the lambda bracket and the car has changed symptoms yet again it is now overfuelling like a b*tch very lumpy throughout the rev range, thick black smoke out the exhaust ( which you would expect with that much fuel going through it)

My new multimeter is buggered at the moment ordered a new replacement 2 weeks ago under warranty but it still hasn't come in so at the moment cant check anything I'm so pissed off at the moment it's not been a good couple of weeks.

Just doing my sums to see if I can afford to buy another car to replace the rado and then break the corrado for parts as I ve pretty much had enough of it now!

Just doing my sums to see if I can afford to buy another car to replace the rado and then break the corrado for parts as I ve pretty much had enough of it now!

Don't give up dude, especially as you live so close to G-werks/Pit stop/JMR etc

Sure you'll sort it, I'm looking at mine tomorrow so will update tomorrow night.

This is very very strange... :oops:

You have checked every vital sensors and signals...

I don´t remember anyone with ECU malfunctions, but i´m almost pointing to that! :wink:

Though not very convicted, but what else could it be? :?

Dude, after seeing your 'rado at Westerham last month, there's no way you can give up on her - she's lovely!

Is there no way you can get Darren to check it out...?

i have told you ant.. drop it down and come and pick it up when its sorted.. you wont have to swear at it any longer..

Fixed it at last!!!!!

After all the fucking about it looks like it was the 2 new sets of spark plyugs that I bought off egay, one minute they were sparking the next they weren't had me well confused. I got it running but it was only running on 3 cylinders so whikle the engine was running I took each lead off one by one and while I was doing that I noticed that all 4 leads had good spark as they were all arcing onto the cylinder head. So I took all the new plugs out and swapped them with the old plugs that I took out before I had all the troubles and it fired up on 4 cylinders straight away and has been fine ever since!! I took it on a 15 mile drive and it's been as good as gold.

One thing I did notice about the new plugs that I bought is that on the white ceramic all 8 of them had a black identity ring and my old ones had 2 blue rings, quite what they mean is unknown but I'm now convinced it was them that was causing the problems!!!

Great news Ant. Hopefully this is the last of the crap and you can just get on and enjoy the car you've put so much effort into! :)

Banana Man, Were the plugs that you got from egay the NEW Bosch type (WR6DPO) ??

The new range of Bosch plugs are all "resistor" plugs !!

funny isnt it when things go wrong you say right this f888ing car has got to go then its fixed and you love it again haha just like women

really pleased to hear she's fixed Ant and you'll no longer need therapy. reminds me of my old techy fault finding days - what was the last thing that happened before it went wrong, and it's usually something simple.

Check that the ECU pipe

on throttle body has'nt been

accidently conected to the wrong

nipple/outlet,try swappin them

over and see what happens.

believe it or not this is a very common

mistake thats easily made.

Ant knows all about that, VEEDUBBED, don't worry ;)

Ant knows all about that, VEEDUBBED, don't worry ;)

LOL

Cheers VEEDUBBER but the car is fixed now and she's running like a peach once again ( until next time that is LOL)

Ant, still having probs with mine...

Do you really think it was the plugs all along as it would even start before?? - or did you change the dizzy also?

Just had a look at mine, the spare set of plugs I had in the garage were bought at Inters last year (£20) and are VAG boxed and have the black rings, The one on the car were bought from VW 2 years ago and also have the black rings...

Were the ones you got off eBay VAG boxed or BOSCH?? - maybe the black rings just mean they are made under license for VW?

what way round should the pipes be connected out of interest? Just to make sure.

Nice one on getting the car running again.

Were the ones you got off eBay VAG boxed or BOSCH?? - maybe the black rings just mean they are made under license for VW?

I think I mean't were your existing ones BOSCH boxed...