Sign in to follow this  
rayb74

New Member- piccys of my 2.0 16v

Hello everyone !

Just want to intoduce myself to the forum. Started out on Minis then had a few Lancia Beta coupes (One a Volumex). I have always fancied a Corrado since I was a young apprentice and now I got one and what a car !

Will post some pics if possible after I clean it.

Hello everyone !

Just want to intoduce myself to the forum. Started out on Minis then had a few Lancia Beta coupes (One a Volumex). I have always fancied a Corrado since I was a young apprentice and now I got one and what a car !

Will post some pics if possible after I clean it.

welcome aboard matey.............how was the volumex???..........coupe version must have been fairly rare and quite head-turner too......anyway what model of Corrado have you got ?

Hello vr6 ,

Volumex I had was a HPE and still turned heads especially that "Wine" from the charger !!! A mate of mine had the coupe version and I had a couple of 1.6 twin cam coupes ( Admittedly nicer looking than the HPE)

My Corrado is 2.0 16v Is it poss to post piccys?

post some pics mate :-) and welcome aboard 8)

Is it poss to post piccys?....yep thats what this place is for ,pics of cars

members gallery not the drivers ugly mug !! :shock: :shock:

Sorry Dinkus ,

I will be working in Aberdeen for rest of week but PROMISE to post piccys this weekend !!!

I liked the old Beta too - lovely cars, such a shame that not many people appreciate how fantastic some of the older cars were, like the Beta, Quattro, Scirocco, Corrado etc. All Classics!

I realised the other day that I'd become used to Corrado money when my insurance came up for renewal for £800 and I said WOW! thats cheap

Sorry Dinkus ,

I will be working in Aberdeen for rest of week but PROMISE to post piccys this weekend !!!

:lol: no worries mate :D

I realised the other day that I'd become used to Corrado money when my insurance came up for renewal for £800 and I said WOW! thats cheap

Yeah, it's not good. Despite my 2 rather large accidents and my insurance for my Golf being £750 I still thought it was cheap :?

Welcome aboard :-P

Immense respect for the Beta, always a fav. For those who haven't felt the Beta thing:

home1.jpg

No pic ever did this car justice!

£800! You're not much younger than me and I pay £500 with a bucket load of mods declared...and I've only got 3 years bonus - had a spate of people driving into me a few years back, which all went 50/50, so killed my bonus :(

Liking the Beta but I can't help but laugh because on one of Clarkson's videos he hunted high and low for one and then said he'd found one at last.....and then pushed in a wheelbarrow and tipped a load of rusty parts onto the floor, LOL! One in that condition must be worth a few bob!

LOL! One in that condition must be worth a few bob!

That was always the problem my hairdresser, bought one as a non runner! He soon sold it on when he realised what he got into.

Its such a shame as the car is simply gorgeous. Just that washing machine steel issue.

here's another.

bigpcaWfM.jpg

.....and the High Performance Estate iirc was what HPE stood for :wink: and the supercharged VX model dated from 84...........and who all thought VW were first to go back down the supercharger route eh :?: :wink:

Omg vr6storm , that HPE vx is the same colour as the one I had (Brings back fond memories)

Lancia to there credit have a good history of great looking cars Beta, Monte Carlo, Stratos . Just makes you think that the Germans can design a car as beautiful as the Corrado which is in the same league for looks as the above cars !!

And to think I even considered getting a Beemer ......... what was i thinking ???

And to think I even considered getting a Beemer ......... what was i thinking ???

well if it was an E-30 M3.............you'd be well forgiven :notworthy: :wink:

Ok here is a piccy of how it was when I bought it ( It was cleaned when I bought it) Picture004.jpg

I will post piccy tomorrow of how it looks now .

Ok Heres a few pics could someone also advise me on the exact Colour of my C.

I am also thinking of getting it sprayed Black , but it looks black at night and you can see the metallic blue when the sun shines on it ! so I am unsure what to do.All my mates like the colour it is now ........

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg