Sign in to follow this  
oldirtybastard

Quick question, does the corrado g60 come with ABS?

Hi peeps,

as above does a corrado g60 come with abs,

it 91j plate,

if it is an option, how do i check if it has come with it, as im not mechanically minded,

thanks

taz

the later ones do, mines a K reg and its got it. not quite sure about J though. but its easy to check. there should be an ABS light indicator to the left of the steering wheel on the dashboard if its got ABS

damn it - my 91 J doesn't!!! :lol:

don't worry about it not having tho.......less to go expensively wrong :roll: :D

damn it - my 91 J doesn't!!! :lol:

don't worry about it not having tho.......less to go expensively wrong :roll: :D

indeed - theres enough to keep on top of tbh ;)

Yanks obviously wanted this (and loads of other things) as standard on their G60, hence my G-plate US-G60 has ABS :-)

Tempest

Just press the brake pedal hard while driving!

Beware of back cars!!! LOL :shocked!:

If your car has ABS you will feel the brake pedal kicking your foot!

my 91 h doesn't have it, but stick a set of braided hoses on it. this is not a licence to stamp on the brakes, but it does improve the feel of the pedal and if your driving within the road conditions and your own ability you shouldn't need it.

my 91 h doesn't have it, but stick a set of braided hoses on it and u wont need it.

How do your braided hoses know when one wheels locks up under heavy braking then??

How do your braided hoses know when one wheels locks up under heavy braking then??

must be very clever hoses! my

k plate had it my j plate doesnt tbh it was rubbish on the k plater too harsh and the wheels still locked up it was working fine just didnt work very well!

quickest way to tell if your car DOES have ABS or not is to look in the engine bay. If you look just to the left of the expansion tank (in the rear right of the engine bay) on the bulkhead you'll either see some pipes running horizontally across to a pair of T pieces, or a BIG pump with LOTS of pipes coming off it and a large electrical connector on it... If you see the first, it's not got ABS, if you see the second, then that's the ABS pump! :lol:

Surely an ABS light in surrounding switches on the dash is easier? ;)

nope, some people remove 'em to hide the fact there's a fault with the ABS... The pump is something you can't just hide! ;) :lol: