Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Flusted's 16VG60 "Unpimp das auto"

Drove it round the block today! only making 6psi boost so think i have a big boos leak bu all drove ok

Yup sounds like it :)

update

ABCD0008-4.jpg

ABCD0007-3.jpg

ABCD0006-3.jpg

Still only boosting at 6psi yet to check for leaks but cant see anything obvious, might just be the standard 76mm pulley as im used to a 65mm jobby?

heres a short vid of it running

"

Looks very good by the way.

standard pulley should be 0.6 bar according to that geeky guy on the g60 vw tech talk video.

errrr...

thats 8.7 psi if my maths hasn't let me down.

Have a good snoop around.

Impressive work mate! Hopefully you can get to the bottom of that boost leak sooner rather than later though :)

Don't forget you'll be getting through a few more cfm with teh 16v head...

Nice pics btw.

Don't forget you'll be getting through a few more cfm with teh 16v head...

Nice pics btw.

oh yeah.

It would be interesting to know what manifold pressures others have got with a similar setup.

just check it over again and if it seems ok then I think you'll be ok.

As the panda one said.Just the engine being able to ingest more air and be more efficient.

Looks good, you use a modded G60 bracket with an mk 3 goof alternator bracket?

As for the boost pressure, pressure is simply a sign of back pressure in the system. As the standard 16v head breathes as well as a CNC big valve head for the G60 (near as damn it) I would expect less boost pressure - does not mean you are down on power though.

I bolted a vr6 alternator to the standard g60 bracket where the aircon would go. I had to grind a bit off the alternator which i regret doing as its not a straight swap if the alternator ever goes.

I need to get it taxed and get my bumper back on and give it a pasting

looks good mate, yet another person beating me to the post when it comes to getting a 16vg60 up and running! at this rate its going to be yesterdays news and im going to have to go R32 turbo! :?

Did you get your fuel leak and exhaust sorted out? Please make sure you get it on a Rolling Road if your happy with it so we can see an at the wheel torque curve for one of these 16VG60's.

I can't say I liked your modded front member or original belt routing, not that I know what I'm talking about, but good work man!

You should start your own business if your that industrious with everything you do. :thumb right:

Let us all know how the CTN box feels! It's gonna be hard for you to evaluate the engine/gearbox on the road when comparing it to your old engine and gearbox as everything has changed almost, but I think your the right man to give us all the low-down on all the future/current issues and how it compares to an 8v.

As I say excellent work mate I've lost count of the number of 16vG60 threads/builds that seem to fizzle out near the end, no offense meant to anyone, it is a tuff thing to build. Maybe this will give them the motivation to finish. :)

Did you get your fuel leak and exhaust sorted out? Please make sure you get it on a Rolling Road if your happy with it so we can see an at the wheel torque curve for one of these 16VG60's.

I can't say I liked your modded front member or original belt routing, not that I know what I'm talking about, but good work man!

You should start your own business if your that industrious with everything you do. :thumb right:

Let us all know how the CTN box feels! It's gonna be hard for you to evaluate the engine/gearbox on the road when comparing it to your old engine and gearbox as everything has changed almost, but I think your the right man to give us all the low-down on all the future/current issues and how it compares to an 8v.

As I say excellent work mate I've lost count of the number of 16vG60 threads/builds that seem to fizzle out near the end, no offense meant to anyone, it is a tuff thing to build. Maybe this will give them the motivation to finish. :)

Heh, need some nice weather and then I get some work done the G60, then I have a spare charger for the 16vG60 yada yada yada...

..just excuses really - oh and I need to stop buying cars that need 'just a bit of work' as they always end up taking priority.

I can't say I liked your modded front member or original belt routing

:)

Id love to get it dyno'd but im stck on the isle of wight and it costs a fortune to get to mainland.

Plans are to save and get a remap first.

The belt routing has changed, i have an extra idler wheel to ensure more contact on the water pump and it was the rad support i cut, not the cross member itself so shouldnt effect structural stability.

I wana know what it feels like with a 68mm pulley on it, just waiting for my mate to wap his for my old 65mm i had

Heh, need some nice weather and then I get some work done the G60, then I have a spare charger for the 16vG60 yada yada yada...

..just excuses really - oh and I need to stop buying cars that need 'just a bit of work' as they always end up taking priority.

I know what you mean I'm trying to get a modified engine built for my G60 and it's killing me waiting for this to arrive that guy to do this etc,you want to move it along and end up looking at other cars! Nearly bought a mk1 polo at the weekend, don't ask. Took me three hours to come to my senses but still looking around on the web at them.

Heres my devils own water/methanol injection kit

devilsown.jpg

And a short vid of injection nozzle that i fitted

"]

Heres a pic the water/meth reservoir, its basically a alloy drinks bottle i painted and stickered up lol

ABCD0009-4.jpg

Heres a pic the water/meth reservoir, its basically a alloy drinks bottle i painted and stickered up lol

I like you ingenuity! Good skills :afro:

aide this is brilliant mate absolute love and the bay jus looks immense!

and all yourself im selling the G after mot on tuesday then new project vr6 supercharged floats my boat but we'll see!

have u taken yours out yet?

saw ali the other week on ferry! said she wants to change hers?

catch u soon mate

at the moment it feels really slow compared too the 8v, im hoping its cos its leaning out running the red tops so just ordered some lime greens.

Also snapped a belt in a big way at 7000rpm whilst a quick trip round the block :mad2:

It might also feel slower as running the CTN box now

yeh the ctn makes it feel slower than it actually is... in fact your prob going faster :D thats what it felt like to me, less aggresive and more smooth

just a up to date pic of the bay after a quick tidy up. hopefully will be on the road 1st of next month

ABCD0018-3.jpg

just waiting on a heat shield for the right filter. got another jabba shield comming and guna mod it to fit the otherside.

3" inlets all the way to the charger