Sign in to follow this  
sambo

Should my C be this fast?

How do ladies and gents, just felt like having a go and try top speed of my 2.0 valver(on a private airfield 'course), and it nearly redlined in 5th! Run out of space but it was still pulling! Clock was showing 142mph! :shock: Only mods i have is a perf filter and a kr cam, oh yea and 158k miles. Anyone else had a go at trying top speed? On a private road course :wink:

16v's had a factory top speed of 130 odd, so yeah its feasible, just remember the speedo is likely to be 10% out at that speed.

yep 10% as an average. :)

ive had the mk1 speedo bouncing off the mileage reset button :lol:

A7770VLlatest_016.jpg

Just today was talking to my friend about selling my corrado, but after my drive home i dont want to! Got to love 'em ey? Cant belive i was actualy tempted by a ford he got in his garage, mondeo ST200 5yr old £5k! Nice car and all that but i'l stick with my C for now i think

Just today was talking to my friend about selling my corrado, but after my drive home i dont want to! Got to love 'em ey? Cant belive i was actualy tempted by a ford he got in his garage, mondeo ST200 5yr old £5k! Nice car and all that but i'l stick with my C for now i think

Dont turn to the darkside :lol: When my car was dynod,it pulled 121mph in 4th (that was the dynos readings not the speedo) Mines out at the speedo due to 17"wheels

My G60 runs about 147Mph, this was clocked on the GPS unit, the cluster showed 152Mph and the car showed no sign of slowing down. The watertemp was 70°C, oil 118°C, this al at 6.000rpm.

The mods : 68mm pulley, RS chip, adjustable cam pulley, 236°/273 camshaft, K&N replacement filter & 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator.

Riley,

Wow...!!! You got a 6 speed in that...?? :D

i wish m8!

nah,it was running a 4+e box,id only just gone into 5th!! :lol:

neil.

I so wish I had a place to go 147 mph around where I live, I just have lost of hills and turny roads. I have been 125 in my friends mazda millenia s. that was great.

As one turn off the wheel though 360 will move the car forward buy more than a smaller wheel as the circumfrance of the wheel is greater therefore say your doing 70 mph in a hour you will travel further than 70 miles therefore you must be traveling faster than 70.

So when it reads 70 say for instance your doing say 72

There for under reads :D

i knew that lol.. had 130 ish out of the C a few times before now, but after fitting 17's struggle to get over 120, was really worried lol but now it makes sense. time to get the gps out i think. :D

big wheels doesn't mean that the rolling circumference is larger! ;)

205 40 16 tyres have an almost identical rolling circumference to 195 50 15 tyres even though the wheel is an extra inch in diameter... That's why tyre choice is so important when changing to larger rims... ;) 8)

Larger wheels will also (generally, unless you spend silly money on 'em) weigh more than smaller ones, which is why you won't be able to get the car to go as fast... ;)

it definately doesn't accelerate as well as it used to.. :( nm, im waiting for a big fat compo cheque from a work accident , so when (ill say if just incase) that comes through i may well take the C off the road and do all these things ive promised it, and that, could include some better wheels to keep the weight down. but hey, the new engine is most important :D

My mate had his car on the rollers at stealth,ran it on 15s then 17s and lost 14bhp at the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate had his car on the rollers at stealth,ran it on 15s then 17s and lost 14bhp at the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: i hate my new wheels...

took a test drive with the gps yesterday, when the speedo said 70 gps was showing 66.8/67... thats not good.what more can i say.. apart from im going back to 15's soon.lmao