Sign in to follow this  
CrazyMan

is this guy insane?

:oops: well he is entitiled to his own opinion of course :wink: ........but hey we all know he's speaking dog poo :lol: :lol:

Hm.. have to be honest. I have never really considered the Calibra a classy car - I wouldn't say no to a nice one if I was offered one for free, but I personally don't rate them up against the Corrado.

Corrado got da looks :)

though to be fair on him abit...........the calibra(imho) hasn't dated too badly compared to the likes of the ford probe or the 89-95 nissan 200sx

to me the main drawback with the calibra is it shares the same dull as anything cavalier dash.........ok the Corrado does share same design as the passat dash too,but the passat dash is easier ten times better looking than the cavaliers one was

and also they are getting to be sooo cheap to buy.......and imo cheaper to run than an equivalent Corrado........got an aquaintance who has a K-plate 8v with under 100k FVSH in the turquiose met just about un-marked paintwork and clean interior who only paid £1k for it from its 3rd owner this year

The calibra is just a cavalier with a fancy bodyshell....

Also it doesnt say which Corrado he had - the Cally V6 is NO match for the Corrado VR6 ....

My mate had a cally for 3yrs and always thought my Corrado was the better car..........

Well he said he loved the V6 roar (talking about the Callibra) so I assume he didn't have a VR.

I always thought the Callibra was a nicely designed car but, after reading that post I hate them :) , plus there's so many of them about. There must be about 20 in my town alone, some ok and some very rough looking. Obviously he (Kev) did not have a VR6 c.

Someone should post a question to him, asking what kind of c he did have. Place your bets now....

The electrics in the Calibra and a load of, erm, great british engineering.

Friend of mine had one for 2 years. Continually dying, engine faults, ABS faults...

"Barge pole"

He did say he loved his Corrado but probably got fed up with all it's inherent problems! The Vauxhall is far more reliable by comparison and not a bad looking car. I wouldn't say it is a head turner though!

Kev

I once got a lift in a Corrado and hated it cos it had been well abused and the trim was rattly and so was the engine come to think of it but mine is a totally different feel, more solid and well built.

Its the same with all cars, buy a crap one and its hard to live with. Buying the same car as new on the other hand can feel like a different car.

He may have had a dog of a Corrado and a mint Calibra.

Each to their own but the Calibra has always seemed like a poor mans version of a coupe to me akin to a Hyundai coupe. Even my mates tacky Probe v6 had more substance when you gave the car a good once over.

tee hee, according to Count Quentula on the old 4car website (not there anymore), what the Corrado says about you is, "you have too much integrity to buy a calibra"... makes me chuckle everytime I see one out on the road!

DtM :roll:

Nicely done sir! 8) I'll bet they are :mad: at that post. C@li$ra's are pants! I was gonna buy one when I was looking for my C but common sense prevailed thankfully. I think the worst thing about the C@li$ra, is that it is a V@uxh@!!.

Nice one Lenny... I'm always up for some destructive advertising :)

Now where's that list of 100,000,000 email addresses and my Spam software...

Can't knock the response mate.. they seem pretty friendly! Should reply Lenny, and give em the details..

The calibra is just a cavalier with a fancy bodyshell....

but isnt the corrado a MKII golf with a fancy bodyshell .......

.... ill get me coat ... :twisted:

Hehe... well just be careful what you say. Dont wanna start some inter-forum war with the Calibra club - they seem pretty polite and normal to be honest.

Have to have a Calibra / Corrado Forum 'shootout' at Bruntingthorpe or somthin ;)

Just been back on and added a bit more.

This is far too amusing to stop.

My sidekick is bringing some pics of his 306 Rallye in tomorrow and we'll have them posted too.

Have you ever tried actually going round a corner in a Calibra? :lol:

this is my personal fave from the posting :lol:

"Hi Kev,

You've got great taste - buying a Calibra and joining ClubCalibra!

Welcome and enjoy the site.

Belinda

16v Ecotec Automatic"

LOL..............a slush-box and she's proud of it :lol:

but like jims16v has said they do seem to be an alright bunch so best we don't get too scathing of their motors..........afterall could be worse they could have Probes :oops:

Too right, i only thought it was a bit off a laff, dont wanna start slating people they seem like a good bunch :D

I really am amazed how polite and accomodating they've been so far. I truly thought that all Calibras were driven by yobs in baseball caps who only referred to them as 'Callys' because the couldn't spell the whole word.

So far they seem better at spelling than us Corrado boys too. My Girlfriend (English teacher) is very impressed. :D

Bruntingthorpe shoot out? Now that would be entertaining. :p

LOL..............a slush-box and she's proud of it :lol:

Met a few ladies like that :(