Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Top Ten Practical Classics

"classic waiting in the wings if you will" little bloke , top gear

A bit OT, but does anyone know whos car was used in that little top gear feature about future classics?

I've got it on my PC and it still brings a smile on my face when I watch it. I love the soundtrack to it too!

A bit OT, but does anyone know whos car was used in that little top gear feature about future classics?

I believe that it was Nick Micouris from this forum :wink:

Sweet!

Yes, please scan it.. failing that please mail it to any of us who have access to a scanner! Did they write a blurb about it or is it just a list?

basically I said it was the last time that VW expressed that original GTI mentality that got them so far.... At the time it was the best FWD handling chassis tied to a superbly flexible engine...and it can still hold its own against many of the cars today.

After they stopped making them, VW kindof lost their way....making 'safe' and conservative BORING cars. Then a few years later they panicked and came out with the R32 (once all the opposition had better cars) and now are desperately wanting to restore their sporting credentials with the MK5 GTI....but lets face it its just not the same anymore.....

Me fears that VW is destined to follow down the path of passat...bora and phaeton....until they decide to come up with a 4wheel drive ORIGINAL coupe with the DSG and at least 300 horses for around 25-30K

then I'll get my wallet out and stick the Storm in the garage for a well earned retirement...and they should call it the MISTRAL

Yes, please scan it Moneypit/Storm2. I had it in my head that yesterday was monday so forgot to get it-I only get tuesdays edition as it has the car section!

Did a search on independent's site and found this from last year (ten best secondhand cars), nice review on the Corrado... we should start making money soon?!?

http://motoring.independent.co.uk/featu ... ory=485053

I scanned a bit of that article here

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 1638#71638

A forum member's car too ;)

Here is a JPG version.. the VR boys are going to love this ;)

I guess the small band of determined fans would be us then? lol!! :)