Sign in to follow this  
jboyslick

MISTY WHITE HAZE!!

Everytime I polish the car i get a misty and patchy white haze on the car in certain, but not regular spots!! The car is washed with an autoglym shampoo then shammied and then polished with t-cut or a normal polish. What is going on, am I applying too much or trying to cover too wide an area?? Any advice appreciated :?

possibly, it does seem to be on the backs of the wings either side of the car and on the drivers door. Bonnet has definately been done forstone chips, but polishes up fantastically. Perhaps i should try putting a bit less on, just seems weird as it smudges and doesnt wipe off completely when washed again :? from previous cars there is a white powdery residue and then it dissapears when wiped

you should only really t-cut when the paint is dull or scratchy.

and not press on hard,let the t-cut do the work.

id try polishing with something like autoglym super resin a couple of times,again not pressing on too hard.

neil. :)

I would polish it first to even out the paint and then use a wax to seal it - remember, polish and wax are two different things and do different jobs. Wipe on wipe off, as says says Mr Miyagi.

Wipe on wipe off, as says says Mr Miyagi.

I thought it was "Wax on, wax off"? ;)

Man, the 80s had all the best films...

Talking of T-Cut though, does the stuff for metallic paint just cut the lacquer, and if so, is it less harsh than the regular stuff?