Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Ash tray space- room for guages?

replaced the ashtray with something else. Neil g60, this thread makes no sense if you click on it from the portal...

:D yes it is... but, no. lol not me anyway good idea though, as even though i smoke, i dont like doing it whilst driving. and if i do want to, while on the move you cant change gear properly lmao.

ok, thats it im quitting (doubt it actually). is this what you were on about t'other day henny?... looks rather bloody nice. might do it myself..

oh wait......

i have a valver :cry: I WANT BOOST!!!

I thought you could get small rectangular pods which have a series of led's on them to measure the air/fuel ratio?

take that panel out, sell it for a huge profit and modify the ashtray space like I did on J-DUB... 8)

Neverite, That's not what I was on about in the other thread, I did this over the Xmas hols 2003 for J-DUB while I was rebuilding her... 8)

You can make an A/F gauge which will easily fit into a switch blank if you want to... The details are on here somewhere (that's where I got my info from anyway! :lol: )

I have found space for 4!.....

gauges.JPG

Takes hours of filing the plastic to get it sitting right tho!

Thats exactly how i got guages in my vr, they look well smart with the newer heater control layout plus the orange needles match the dash

Ive got a pre moulded 3 gauge holder that fits in place of the stereo. I bought it months ago for my old Mk2 Golf but never fitted it, i had a look today and its a near perfect fit for the ashtray/cig location......... after seeing the pics in this thread guess what im thinking :lol:

Thats exactly how i got guages in my vr, they look well smart with the newer heater control layout plus the orange needles match the dash

Pics please putar (er sorry guys some of you may not understand that last bit) How did you do it?

JBOB, where did you get the 3 gauge holder and for how much?

Just looked through latest PVW and Golf+ mags and saw this 3-gauge panels to replace the stereo slot available from Venom Motorsport (01254 814444) £20.00 plus delivery. I believe a few other places do them as well, including Big Boys Toys, R & A Design, Performance solutions and Gwent VW etc.

Cheers,

Cheers,

BigEastSideTartanTimmehG60

if you intend on looking at the guages while driving i would suggest you do what i did and put them where the radio is and put the radio where the ashtray was.

if you intend on looking at the guages while driving i would suggest you do what i did and put them where the radio is and put the radio where the ashtray was.

Now thats just showing off :lol: 8) :lol:

fla i got mine from ebay for 6 quid :D

JBOB, do you have the ebay number so i can see the item - at least I can get the right product. Cheers. And yes20v turbo, you're just a show-off! It does look cool though - I'm not jealous, honest...

20v turbo, yeah, know what you mean there mate... I thought about doing it that way around when I fitted mine, but I wanted to be able to see my TV more than the gauges! ;) :lol: 8)