Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

chrishills silver vr6 - the wheels are on!

Latest pics on page 5

1992 (K) VR6

Satin Silver, respraied with a little more violet than standard.

Modifications so far:

Short shift

Lowered 60mm on koni's

MOMO cobra gearknob

MOMO race steering wheel

Pioneer headunit and dash speakers

infinity 5002i door speakers (amped)

Boshmaan 12" sub

American-pro amp

Toad a606 alarm

Clear side repeaters

Removed bump strips but may go back on

Polished manifold

Repaired door handle

Vibratechnics engine mount

uprated headlight loom thanks to Garp

17x8 RH AG Cups

K&N 57i kit

Polished belt tensioner

Plans:

mirror polished rocker cover - just needs fitting!

Black tinted rear lights

Simple but funtional exhaust

poly bushes

Supercharger....eventually! ;)

More photos! :D

Twin bonnet lifters

Probably more wallet crippling things along the way!

countryside.jpg

winghighdistance.jpg

speedlinelowdistance.jpg

undertreerear.jpg

Nice one mate.... Chris's is a good car too, so you are understandably well chuffed!

The VR is an altogether different animal compared to the 4 pots isn't it? The seemingly laid back power delivery is at odds with the rate at which the mph needle spins round the dial. There is no corrado engine better for long journeys imo....the 90+ acceleration needs careful checking if one is to keep one's license!

Good on ya Chris..!

The VR IS a fantastic motor and I love it, but like you, I still have very fond memories of my red 1990 16v which I had 9 years.

No reason why the VR shouldn't surpass that.

Cheers :D

There is no corrado engine better for long journeys imo

Agreed kev, I took it on a nice long run to wakefield, then over too leeds before heading back to newcastle and it was superb to drive on the motorway, even just sat at a steady 70mph its all so effortless for both driver and car. Couple of 'ooops!' moments when moving out to overtake other cars, 70,80,90,100 ARGH 110! how did that happen?! :oops:

Just been out in the dark and drizzle to fit the momo wheel - its love already ;)

I find the VR6 is a much quieter and more refined car in general too, and I don't know about yours but mine seems to cruise at 100mph! You know when a car sort of hits a plateux in the rev range where it feels happiest? Well it's a tonne in mine....have to be real careful and like you say, just poking the gas at those speeds sees you into serious 3 figures in a very short time!

The engine feels very relaxed at those speeds too...and smooth!

strange car the VR , it doesnt feel fast but when you look at the speedo or look in the mirror at the car you just left behind , it is !

yeah I found that out on the way home, put my foot down a bit on a road i know well and didnt think I was pushing it that hard until I looked behind me and the car that had been following a few lengths behind was a suprisingly small speck quickly getting smaller!

Fair play mate! good to see some forum "incest" going on!

Also good to see a corrado going to someone who will look after it! always liked your last corrado, even told a mate he sould buy it, but it was sold by then!

Yes the VR6 is quality!

chris - yeah he does from time to time

coxy - hows the conversion coming? me and chrisvr6nos were talking about trying to orgainise a local meet at some point (once hes back on the road) and probably a convoy down to the forum meet when it happens, be good to have a couple of charged up vr's in the convoy, maybe even three if paul (h8rra) gets his sorted out too.

Sounds really nice. Will be interested to see what you have planned for it, but for now I'm really looking forward to those pics!

Sounds similar to mine, which is also a K reg. How much was the respray btw?

I'll get some pics up as soon as I've got matching wheels on it (possibly tonight) its a bit too embarasing at the moment!

Ford - the colour is very simular to your avatar pic, does satin silver normally have that slight purple tint to it? not sure how much the respray was, chris had it done shortly before he decided to sell it

Ford - the colour is very simular to your avatar pic, does satin silver normally have that slight purple tint to it? not sure how much the respray was, chris had it done shortly before he decided to sell it

Looking forward to the pics. Yep, the pearlescent s/silver does appear to have a weird tint to it, seems slightly blue on my car, esp. when compared to my mothers silver polo. Must be the lacquer? Sure it adds to the cost of the respray too, hence my question.

Has your c had anything done to it before you got it... lowered etc? Any factory options or std?

its lowered, although I'm not sure exactly how much! its alot lower than my old one which was 40mm down, so i'd say something like 60mm on (i think) koni's. The front brakes are black dimond jobbies which chris kindly left on for me, but pretty much everything else was put back to standard before i got my hands on it. I did some stuff at the weekend like fitting my headunit and some speakers in the dash, putting in my momo gearknob and steering wheel and I've got some other goodies to go on asap.

really must start a members gallery thread! in fact if any of the mods are reading this, could you move it to the members gallery section and I'll change the thread title...