Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

I started up my R32 lump, then grinned at the fact that it's the only one in the world with a 3.2 24v and 4WD, safe in the knowledge that I'm going to drive it tomorrow for the first time, after 6 long months of serious graft.

Not a bit of chrome or a storm badge in sight.

And chunky it must feel too!

But does it give much more power that the previous VR lump?

I'm seriously getting the urge to do a Vortech charged 3.2 24v mota but will leave the 4wd.

Chris

well, there's a hell of a lot of room for the charger, as there's nothing else on that side of the engine bay (except the nitrous system and FPR when I fit it.).

Depends what the software is like for them these days, never been impressed with the chips on the older vortech setups, not seen one that ran properly and actually felt quick.

I'd rather turbo the other 24v lump I think.

regardless of what you do, a propper map is needed.

I'm going to call in and see Coxy prob at the weekend(Sunday) see if you are around too, I need to see a bit more of these 24v's in C's cos i'm getting the bug :D :D :D

The nitrous will do the trick but i suggest you do what i did and get a direct port system with 6 injectors cos the VR manifols is just too long and doesn't work as well with just the 1 nos injector.

Chris

If you want a 24v let me know. I know of a complete 2.8 setup and an r32 setup too.

I know about the N2O, I've got an NOS sportsman fogger kit, and a proper fuel system, and a progressive controller.

and to keep it back on topic, I did actually it some of it the other day :-)

with the help of chris vr6nos and h8rra...

fitted vibratechnics engine mount, fitted standard exhaust and changed handbrake cables on saturday, then thrashed its *rse off coming back from vw summer nights on sunday!

then thrashed its *rse off coming back from vw summer nights on sunday!

LOL that was the under statement of the day!

3 VR's chasing each other at 150 and an S4 lol

I changed the long break pipe from the ABS pump to the rear break proportioning valve as someone had hack sawed half way through it so when i went to drive it i realised it had no breaks, yanked the handbreak on and phew!

The fun

Chris

Removed about 1/2 a tonne of copper cabling form the interior, kept it just incase i do ever put an amp in the boot.

Pulgged the rear speakers back in, only to find that only one speaker works still.

Removed the head unit and re-did all the gaffer taped cabling with connectors, funny ALL the speakers work now

Removed the Side Bump strips, love the new look.

what do you guys think. :?:

Bought a vacuum hose for TB > ECU got 4 fre clips, from an official VAG dealer! only cost me £2.50 too!

might remove my bump strips tomorrow after i fit my new hose!

then perhaps fit my new headunit and tidy up the atrocious wiring

Yesterday- Took apart my old knackered engine then cleaned the car and put the interior back in after it had been stripped for the track over 2 months ago.

jrabarton, That's really nice looking. What wheels are those? I've changed my headlamp relay for a 40amp one (hopefully this one won't melt), and next up comes a look at the HU and speaker wiring.

FINALLY fitted my new vacuum hose, somebody should have told be to buy the braided one instead what a pain!

well its fitted and deffo made a difference, she still needs a proper setup but i dont know where to take her :(

next is waxoyl and wiring the speakers/headunit.

Fixed my alarm (bloody tilt sensor)

Zymol "clay bar"ed it all, to get all the muck off it left over from it being int he garage for 6 months, getting caked in dust and grinding mess. it's smoother now, but still needs a proper full day valet job.

bleeding the brakes again tomorrow.

fitted my new gwerks catch tank very cool in 'raw' aluminium looks very motorsport, tomorrow i will mostly be removing my front shocks for refurb!

Changed all the LEDs in the electric window switches to red, started to open up the sunroof switch then realised I'd run out of LEDs! Carried on opening up the switch and bust it anyway... Good thing that a)my sunroof doesn't work, and b)it was a spare switch! Took me less than half an hour to do four switches, anyone want theirs doing? ;)

Changed all the LEDs in the electric window switches to red, started to open up the sunroof switch then realised I'd run out of LEDs! Carried on opening up the switch and bust it anyway... Good thing that a)my sunroof doesn't work, and b)it was a spare switch! Took me less than half an hour to do four switches, anyone want theirs doing? ;)

two Q's mate

are all the leds in the switches 12v ?

where did you get the led's

cheers