Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Rear axle bushes and 312mm brakes fitted and lowered a bit more too! Got to go back for new compensator bolts and braided hoses of the correct length but looking good so far.

But at the weekend I:

Replaced spark plugs (irridium ones from http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk).

Changed the oil & filter (GSF, Syntha Silver)

Cleaned Green Air Filter

Standard sort of "I've just serviced my car" feel at low revs, much more noticable difference over 4000 revs, almost like driving a new car! :wink:

I was thinking ... they're possibly the best two sub £50 mods i've done to my C (posh air filter and posh plugs).

Anyone got any other sub £50 good ones?

got my new fk ak suspension fitted, i have only done 50 miles since they were fitted, but for the price i'm very very happy. :D

got my handbrake welded back in, i pulled on it too hard and the bolt holding it to the body, wripped out of the metal plate beneath it. Thankfully this is now fixed.

finally got round to replacing the drivers seat bolster, the knowledge base was great, had all the info that i needed, thanks :)

Took rear axel off in readyness for new rear bushes,fitting coilovers and some goodridge hoses (when i can identify which kit i need!)rear bushes were totally screwed,all the brake lines were seized,obviously never been off the car since birth.Next job new bottom ball joints,track rod ends and wishbone bushes. Then its off to get the tracking set and the camber set.

Propper Clean, and hosed of the underside to get rid of all the salt, Touched up the worst of the scratches yesterday so was able to laquer them today. and fitted some plush colour coded mats from juztmatz, All good.

Cleaned off the remnants of a pheasant that decided to cross the road in front of my wife the other day. :x

Why do these birds persist in staying at road level when they can fly (pheasant not wife that is) ? :lol:

Got an new windsceen fitted and managed to get the scuttle panel replaced free of charge under my insurance policy. MoT next Tuesday!!!

Big thanks to Bill for all his help, replaced rear wheel bearings, fitted pagid pads & cross drilled rear discs.. the rear calipers were abit of a pig but all sorted...

got to clean it 2mrw.. its facking dirty :lol:

Fitted a set of Passat rear handles and mechs. Got fed up of climbing in through the boot after BOTH Corrado handles broke at the same time!!

Fitted a set of Passat rear handles and mechs. Got fed up of climbing in through the boot after BOTH Corrado handles broke at the same time!!

do you use passat front or rear mechs with those handles? are they a straight fit?

Replaced both the corroded wing mirror glasses yesterday, the heating elements had both died recently too, can see whats going on behind me now in bad weather!

Big thanks to Bill for all his help, replaced rear wheel bearings, fitted pagid pads & cross drilled rear discs.. the rear calipers were abit of a pig but all sorted...

no sweat buddy! i stripped my old interior out after doing ballys, then started running all the wires for the amp and electric seats. but best of all on thursday i built my split rims!!!!!! pics as soon as i get tyres and get them on!

can't believe its feckin rainin!!!!!spent all day cleanin ,polishin ,hoverin the g,then got up for footy today and its rainin!!!so the cars now dirty again,muddy footprints on me nice clean carpets not happy :mad:

went to the scrappy to get a new bit of pipe (the bit that connects the oil cooler, pump and head flange). couldnt find any 16v motors so got a bit that looks simmilar from a rat TD. hope to finish my day by fitting it!!

Andy T, rear handles and mechs! Bolt strait on, all you need to do is bent the striker plate on the mech a little to suit! £15 from the local scrappy!!

g60greeny, how can you even think about polishing at this time of year? it's freezing! is it even advisable to polish in sub zero temperatures?

My insurance runs out this week and I cant afford to renew it so I thought id take advantage of the car while I could and went for a top speed run (on a private road of course)! Was very surprised (and chickened out)!!

Dropped the rear axle, ready to hammerite and change the rear bushes. N/S fixed brake pipe was mangled undoing it so I will replace these and the flexis and the suspension mounts whilst I am there.

installed new expasion tank -------> then unistalled it after it exploded!!! bloody eurocarparts! Also new fan switch seems to have sorted the high temp problem.

ent to the scrappy to get a new bit of pipe (the bit that connects the oil cooler, pump and head flange). couldnt find any 16v motors so got a bit that looks simmilar from a rat TD. hope to finish my day by fitting it!!

it did fit with a bit trimed off :-) £2 well spent!

fitted my sub woofter and amp back in, made a false floor out of mdf and fitted the sub and amp underneath, just a hole for the sub to fit in, just need to carpet it now. oh yeah and get tyres fitted, fit new wheels, higher the coilovers, get it mot'd and tax, gonna be a bit busy.

no sweat buddy! i stripped my old interior out after doing ballys, then started running all the wires for the amp and electric seats. but best of all on thursday i built my split rims!!!!!! pics as soon as i get tyres and get them on!

they looked awesome mate.. looking forward to seeing them on the car :wink: 8)

today I mostly....:

- collected and fitted my new sun roof switch. The sun roof now works as good as new!

- Took out the lower rear seats for cleaning. Any good advice on how getting them as clean as possible?

- Made an earth point for my stereo on the lower bolt that holds the 2/3 of the rear bench back.

- Broke off the upper bolt when re-tightening the bolts after removing these to make the earth point. Can I replace this? Broke clean off :(

- Got a long way on my boot build. From thinking of a full fiberglass mould, I've gone a little better (and easier) way with 19mm MDF. Full pic overview will come whenever I get my nutsack together.

- Inhaled and getting a buzz off of MDF dust.

- Re-wired and re-sorted the stereo wiring. Still need to do it over again, but at least now I got real terminals, long enough RCAs and a solid earth.

- sat back, took a deep breath and smiled proudly over what I've accomplished in only two days. Except the cumbersome fiberglass filler applying, i'm almost finished. Just need to make a nice little cover out of 9mm MDF, cut out two more pieces out of 19mm MDF and integrate a subwoofer enclosure into the design. Should be done within the month, perhaps within two thinking of all the stuff I got going.

so, just sit back and admire my work. when i'm finally finished :p