Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Andy Brookes, that's crap! Hope you get it sorted OK.

Fitted my detailed headlamps and did an engine reset- seems much better now, and the idle is absolutely smooth :)

Finally fixed the heater only blows on 4!

Turns out that despite all the heater control knobs having the same part number they are not all the same !?

One of them has an extra cut-out so that it does not force the copper selector part of the dial away from the copper half ring on the control box.

Refitted the door cards and now have a set of fully functional speakers again. Discovered some glass under the rear drivers bench seat, rear quarterlight has a different date code to the res tso it must have been put through at some time in its life.

Finally got round to having my new throttle cable put in ... what a difference!!! The pedal feels really light now and the throttle response is sooooooo much quicker :D Wish I'd done it when I bought the car now, honestly can't believe how much faster the car feels!

Finally got hold of some of those ultra-rare clips for the fuse box cover - now it doesn't fall on my leg while I'm driving. Yay! :)

Picked it up from the garage! :mrgreen: Paid the bill :pale:

bet you're glad to have your C back tho. I always am, despite the bill!

Finally got hold of some of those ultra-rare clips for the fuse box cover - now it doesn't fall on my leg while I'm driving.

:lol:

smee, poor you!

I got shiny new boots on mine yesterday :mrgreen:

*joins in*

Picked mine up from the garage, along with it's leather-bound-securicor-delivered MOT Fail sheet.

Bugger.

And the roof leaks.

Must be the time of year! I had 2 pages of "you have failed your MOT because" stuff the other week! Hence the huge bill.

She stops and goes round corners better though now!

Today I fitted the BBS steering wheel I've had waiting for months.

oh no poor you Nuggit, if it's any consolation I've a list longer than most kids lists to Father Christmas of things to do... and yes that's repairs not mods :(

the only reason that mine had new alloys was cos one cracked - def not planned!

Cheers guys, I've got very drunk to soften the blow!

*grumbles*

I still love the car though. I'm a sportscar trader, I fell in love with the (obviously!) yellow Corrado at the auctions, and I'm determined it's going to be 'my' car.

Even with it's faded paint and corroded RM's, it still turns heads :D

Says something though, I've owned some awesome cars, and both me and my associate both want Corrado's now after driving and seeing this one.

and the Corrado picks up yet another fan....

I've owned some awesome cars, and both me and my associate both want Corrado's now after driving and seeing this one.

seems to me that you're just gonna have to bring this one back to it's former splendour then!! :cheers:

Finally got hold of some of those ultra-rare clips for the fuse box cover - now it doesn't fall on my leg while I'm driving.

:lol:

smee, poor you!

I got shiny new boots on mine yesterday :mrgreen:

Which ones did you go for?

Finally got hold of some of those ultra-rare clips for the fuse box cover - now it doesn't fall on my leg while I'm driving. Yay! :)

Do you mean part number 191 857 971?

If so not sure why they are ultra rare, and pretty cheap at 40p each too.

wasn't gonna tell til the south coast meet on sat cos I reckon I will get quite a mixed reaction but since it's you Zippy... I got the Team Dynamics Equinox 17s that Marcus was selling. I will put up pix after the meet so hopefully there will be lots of lovely rados in the background! :colours: I wasn't sure I was gonna like them but had to get some quickly (and ones which were close by) but I love them!! :cheers:

and the Corrado picks up yet another fan....

I've owned some awesome cars, and both me and my associate both want Corrado's now after driving and seeing this one.

seems to me that you're just gonna have to bring this one back to it's former splendour then!! :cheers:

No worries there!

I've already spoken to our bodyshop-chap, and it's onnnnn :D

(weird though, I've known a few people with Corrados, even had a few in, and never really took the time to enjoy them as a car. Very underrated. The Renault Alpine of Germany)

I keep trying to get mine back to a state it's worthy of but the break:fix ratio is round the wrong way :roll: :lol:

better luck with yours I hope!

wasn't gonna tell til the south coast meet on sat cos I reckon I will get quite a mixed reaction but since it's you Zippy... I got the Team Dynamics Equinox 17s that Marcus was selling. I will put up pix after the meet so hopefully there will be lots of lovely rados in the background! :colours: I wasn't sure I was gonna like them but had to get some quickly (and ones which were close by) but I love them!! :cheers:

Awww Shucks.

Good looking wheels.

Today I got in to my car via the drivers door handle for the first time in weeks, genius! Finally fixed it with a kit from daves16v. Top stuff! many thanks Dave.