Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted my new oil catch tank and peered into the engine bay thinking "hmm, how do I make a FMIC fit in there?"

I removed the carbon canister on my G60 today to make some room so can get some cold air upto the induction kit....

how easy did you find it and what did you do with wires etc have been thinking of doing it but dont know where to start :?

wires? :o

you have to blank off one pipe, and leave one open (and stash it in the wing or somewhere away from the engine).

can't remember which is which though (i'll have a look when its light) :-/

takes two secs to whip him out, no trouble at all

(this is all assume its the same CC as the VR)

from the wiki:

Another good modification is the removal of the carbon canister and adding a cold air feed in it's place. Beneath the airbox is a black metal cylinder called the carbon canister. It's meant to clean the air which passes through it from the fuel return breather. By now it's probably degraded and completely useless. Moreover, it was an addition for the US market to accommodate their stringent emmissions regulations. Removing this leaves a good sized hole which leads direclty to the ground. It is now possible to fit a cold air feed which is taken from the brake duct and can leat right into the bottom of the airbox. This process along with the carbon canister removal probably warrants an article of it's own but a search on the forum is likely to reveal all. A handful of cars also run custom secondary airboxes connected to the second boost-return inlet to the charger. This is usually a custom job but is a good idea if you've got big plans for the engine.

corrado is still being painted so no news on that front. but my beautiful new mk1 received a new fuel pump which cured its hot start problem. the previous owner tried everything to sort it out if only he had searched the mk1 forum! dont ya just love forums sometimes!!

took mine for it's first MOT since i have owned it, and it flew through, the tester said " this is virtually the best 13 year car i have ever seen " i was well pleased with that :D

Got my replacement mats from Justmatz - really pleased with them and think they finish off the interior perfectly :)

(pics in my members gallery - click my sig ;) )

I did what I always do n my rado. Drive it. Cant wait every day for a clear stritch of road to let her rrrrrip. overtaking a breeze. love it.

Nearly hitting 50k mls. time for a change?

Treated myself to a McD's brekky this morning and when I pulled into work noticed that the coffee cup was lying on its side and the chair was steaming. Deposited approx 50% of the cup into the chair.

B*!@$cks!!!!

On topic though - this weekend hoping to fit my (hopefully to be picked up today) upper and lower inlet manifold gaskets (to cure a vac leak) and fit new injector clip things and O rings.. should hopefully stop my cars 'yo-yo' idle problem that i'm currently experiencing!

Hello!

I'm almost new here and just today I had discovered this topic. I LIKE IT!!! It's fitted on me! I have a '89 Corrado G60 buyed two an a half years ago and I don't know if since then there was a week without doing some improvements to my Corraptor. So look what I had finished:

- complete Body Kit customed by me – fiberglass.

- a Bar-Tek Tuning kit: 70 mm pulley, 12 mm charger belt, bypass valve, RS 3 Powerchip (they said I gained up to 190 HP).

- larger intercooler (the water-alcohol sprayer system is under construction),

- In.Pro. (angel eyes) frontlight,

- FK Automotive "Lexus" tailights,

- Weitec (KW) adjustable shock absorbers and adjustable coils (Hicon GT+Tx Series),

- The most important: THE SYNRONIZATION of my Corrado!!!

I have need 3 months of swimming in Internet, another 3 months of searching and picking parts and components of syncros from Passats and Golfs and another 3 months of hard work. Finally... I DID IT !

I am one of the very few owners of VW Corrado G60 Syncro in Europe, and the only one in Romania of course.

It works great, even I have lost 1 second on acceleration. For fixing this lost Iwill change the Passat G60 Syncro gearbox with one of Golf III GTI.

Soon, I will complete this list: VW Corrado 16VG60 Syncro.

Next:

- I am starting to give Lambo Style Doors to my "Corraptor".

- shaved doors,

- an oil air-cooler (under construction)

- 16v head

Last week: I had rebuilded my G-lader and a have done RS3 mods on it (polishing and porting of the inlet and the outlet)!

If you want to see my car, go to my album on this forum.

Eduard - Romania

wow Eduard!!!

thats an impressive list there my friend, very nice.

good luck with the list of things to do.

I was going to fit my scuttle cover and pipe work for my induction kit, but I got drunk on saturday, and felt sorry for myself all of sunday :(

i've spent two weeks clearing up dead cars at work so i can start stripping the engine reddy for the big one and someone parks this in my way, never mind driving to gti next year will be fun

Snapped off a bolt in the head on my G60.

Couldn't get it out.

Tap and Die time :|

"DARREN one of your CNC heads please"

Let you all know how i get on

Did some measuring up with the 'rack of the eye' and took the angle grinder to a few bits 8)

peteTDI, i wanted that car so much!! Have you just bought it? Mars red centred oz turbos?

I changed my fuel filter. It should have been so easy, but what an awkward job! lol.

peteTDI, i wanted that car so much!! Have you just bought it? Mars red centred oz turbos?

a mate at works just bought it and has big plans for it 8) , it will be a show winner. its still a bit heavy at 750kg with a full tank need to strip a bit more yet :)

Sprayed most of the bumper trims and splitter back to black. Only got halfway due to coughing my head off! Having a cold and using that stuff isn't a great idea :?

Not strictly speaking today - but saturday - i fitted a recall valve to replace what i hoped was a faulty one, today i took it out for a run and had heat (bloody hot as well) for the whole duration of the trip , not just for the first ten minutes- result :lol:

Last night, i fired her up properly for the 1st time in 3 months after replacing the engine myself, with no mechanical knowledge.

Today i drove it to work, and it was awesome!

After having a rear ARB and new rear beam bushes fitted this week I've been chucking mine into corners :D The handling is even more go-kart like now, highly recommended! Even the mechanic who did the work said it felt like a different car afterwards (also had all the engine mounts replaced and braided lines put on, it truly does feel like a different car now)

Talk about jumping in at the deep end Nick! :salute:

Talk about jumping in at the deep end Nick! :salute:

Cheers!! :D Chuffed is not the word! check my members gallery for a few pics if you like. 8)

Nick, good work that man, talk about a steep learning curve...

Today I rid myself of the grey & tartan interior that came as standard with the GTD (for some reason they didn't get the fun GTI bits) and put in a full black cloth GTI interior, carpets and door cards.

The new seats are SO much more comfortable although my fingers are shredded from the carpet. Malleable it isn't...

Finally fitted the two new gaskets to my inlet manifold. The drive home showed that the idle seemed a LOT more solid now, with only a little bit of surging occasionally when dipping the clutch but never even getting close to cutting out.

The old lower inlet gasket (that mates onto the head) was so so screwed and virtually came apart in my hands in two places when I removed it :|