Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Some have bar hangers and others have hook hangers. Think its the early spec cars have the hooks and later models have bars - someone correct me if im wrong. :D

Spot on, early have the "hook" type hanger, late have the "bar" type.

Cheers for clarifying that mate :salute:[/quote:1j9pj3h7]

the difference between mk2 spec narrow track and the late model mk3 spec front and rear subframes and fitting which are widetrack

Aye mate, they got picked up today so should be with you by Friday.

i got them today....well.....i had this exhaust coming too which they dropped off with a neighbour yet at the same time they took the shocks n springs back to the depot so im going to go get them in the morning as they cant re deliver till next fri!!!why they couldnt leave them the same time they dropped the exhaust off is beyond me..i suppose its not their job to think

so get em fitted 2mo n hopefully handle alot better n ride smoother,its been drivin me nuts this weekend all roads up here are in poor way n been feelin like there destroying the poor c

Had the tracking checked after a couple of weeks with a new suspension kit on. Still not quite right. :(

Anyone else had this problem of getting it spot on? The cars lowered and the guy said it only just fitted on the machine. :scratch:

Also advised that it needs some new rubber. :(

sanded/sprayed eurosport ic pipes

cleaned/pressure tested oem intercooler

wheel liner vent mod

samco ic hoses

eurowires's oem headlamp relay kit

originalgermanfolks's hood release kit

transpo adjustable volatage regulator

new o-rings: auto trans cooler studs, rear g-charger bracket

up-to-date fuses, pulled all oem fuses and replaced

mono wiper setup, from 1978 Scirroco

silicon vacuum lines

new rsr outlet nonperforated hose clamp, was sent with a perforated clamp!

made 4-point ground wire from VC>TB>Coil>DCU, copper terminals, crimped, soldered, heat shrink wrapped

rewired extra O2 sensor ground wire, O2>Coil, crimped, soldered, heat shrink wrapped

rewired existing add-on wires for gauges, larger wires, crimped/soldered, heat shrink wrapped

immediate future?

BBM OE rebuild from a KK Stg IV unit and stock unit >> two units used to make one :shrug: :censored:

Changed out the aux water pump for a new one. Now to see if my head is warped from the heat...

Been up at my parents in Norfolk for a few days and true to form haven't seen a single Corrado on the roads. Only seen the usual one I see parked up near Bircham Construction College but I don't think the owner posts on here! :(

Been up at my parents in Norfolk for a few days and true to form haven't seen a single Corrado on the roads. Only seen the usual one I see parked up near Bircham Construction College but I don't think the owner posts on here! :(

:scratch: But what did you do to your Corrado Jim? :wink:

Today I started and drove my C for the first time in about 7 or 8 months! Started on the first turn of the key and ran sweet as a nut as well.

Really nice to get back in the old girl after so long - still puts a smile on my face.

Now, for the summer overhaul ... :cheers:

:scratch: But what did you do to your Corrado Jim? :wink:

Doh - that was meant to go in the Spotting thread.. I wondered where that post had gone!

Today:

Fixed my broken drivers door handle with a Daves16v repair kit. Took a while and 2 of us to get the pin out! But it now works like a dream!

Painted my ABT's matt black

Lubed up my rear passenger caliper (this looks (and sometimes sounds) like it's on it's way out!)

Washed the car...

...then took it for a nice little drive!

Ran Vag com and discovered i have a cam sensor fault, which could explain while it feels slighty under powered :(

whilst i had the plastics off to get at and check the camshaft sensor notice the rocker cover gasket is leaking at the back and side, so another thing to add to the list of things to do :lol:

well had a nightmare....top bolt fell out,holding the brake caliper on so caliper dropped forward rubbin like a bbitch on the wheel making horrendous noise in middle of town today in heavy traffic so after abit of fettling manage to nip other bolt up tight enough for me to keep on goin then stop tighten it up n carry on etc till i got home..

the wheel...3459797392_b7378fcf8a.jpg

couldnt find another with same thred so used a wheel nut in stead with some thread lock,thread locked all the rest too incase any of the others try'd makin a run for it!!

3458980237_2c61d7b717.jpg

hoovered n cleaned car,

shortened boost threadded bar on inlet manifold so goes whoosh abit louder,i no some people think it might sound tacky but i love it

straightened rear light on boot lid to line up with on rear quater

fitted alpine star sticker on rear window

fitted new jvc head unit

3458979733_88a90ea316.jpg

heres pics of suspension i took off 3459796590_8b0fde51e6.jpg

brake line had taken a beating from being on its arse,av to fix that

3459795492_d8c18c757b.jpg

Removed the centre console of the dash and instrument cluster, trying to see if i can get to the windscreen vents. Realised it may be a bigger task then i thought - dash out job. :(

haha no the wire didnt fill me with much joy neither

That wire on the spring wouldnt fill me with confidence and that brake line needs sorting. Is it still like that or have you replaced it?

brake pipes still like that as iv ot got any money now to fix it....wanting to sell it now im that peeved off with it to be honest,cant figure out why its idling sooo high neither and i just wana set fire too it...not enjoying the drive anymore.... :ignore:

haha no the wire didnt fill me with much joy neither

That wire on the spring wouldnt fill me with confidence and that brake line needs sorting. Is it still like that or have you replaced it?

brake pipes still like that as iv ot got any money now to fix it....wanting to sell it now im that peeved off with it to be honest,cant figure out why its idling sooo high neither and i just wana set fire too it...not enjoying the drive anymore.... :ignore:

No way mate, such a shame. Any news on the job front?

I'm sure the idling it only a small fix. Get reading boiy :lol: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/search.php

Well started the day going to fit the second hand back box i got from corrado_sunderland and discovered the other silencer needs replacing too. But because i only sprayed up the back box out of the exhaust system i got decided to leave that for another day!.

Then decided to fit dave16v handbrake trim kit, ever since my car came back from the local garage up the road when they fitted two new handbrake cables because i was to lazy too do it the handbrake lever when fully disengaged was sticking up about a inch from sitting flush. I just thought they fecked up the trim so it didn`t fit correctly.

On taking it apart thou, i discovered they had actually managed to rip the handbrake lever right out of the plate that holds it in place :mad2:

So spent the whole afternoon fixing that, Had to drill a hole into the tunnel and fit a bolt into it, then put the handbrake back on and WooHoo now fixed!!!

Thats the last time am going to be lazy when there is something to do on the car!

Heres the pics!

handbrakefix1.jpg[/attachment:1otarj9y]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfHandbrakeFix2.jpg[/attachment:1otarj9y]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfhandbrakefix3.jpg[/attachment:1otarj9y]