Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Replaced the electric seat switch, (height adjuster switch) and oiled the rear spoiler as it wasn't quite doing as it should. It now raises at 45mph-ish, sometimes it doesn't return to the low/park position though.

found a disconnected vacuum pipe under the throttle body, plugged that back together, no wonder I was getting odd mpg readings on the MFA and some wierd idling :)

replaced a perished aerial grommet and tryed to fix the horn only to find that it was removed when it went in for paint and hasnt been put back, cheers guys ill be having words with said garage in the morning!

Changed the oil and filter, made a mess of the driveway as i forgot to drain out the oil from the filter housing before i unscrewed it and as the hot oil went down my arm let go of it and it splased out of the tray as it bounced :brickwall: schoolboy error :censored: (mind u not as bad as when i forgot to replace the sump plug of the mk1 and poured nearly 5 litres in before i realised :brickwall: :censored: :bad-words:)

oh and quickly washed her for the 1st time...paintwork is worst than i thought, still machine polisher is on its way :D

And tomorrow i got a nice 250miles blat down home to cornwall :nuts:

sunday i fitted my 312 tt disks and calipers and after that managed to fit one of my new oem rear disks and bearings hoping the weather changes and on friday i can fit the other rear disk then get some new pads for the rear and thats another job done !!

Fitted some new VAG front disc`s with greenstuff pads & fitted a lower front brace :-)

Amazed how well the VAG discs & greenstuff pads work already, far better than the black diamond disc & pads they replaced.

Pics:

I fitted a Pipercross induction kit that I brought for £20, Just come back from giving it a thrash. Sounds GREAT, still need to tidy up the bracket/fittings but its made me SMILE :D

new dizzy cap,leads,fuel filter,rota arm and gearbox mount.runs sweet as and returning 30+mpg.

better than the 20-22mpg i was getting :lol:

Oil and filter change a couple of days ago, filter took hours to undo, used about 3 different tools and the old screwdriver and hammer method before it would actually come off :bad-words:

And today I fitted a nice shiny new ISV, no stalling as of yet :clap:

I fitted my new stereo today :)

Its got ipod and usb memory stick attachments to save carrying hundreds of CDs around in my car.

Attached the leads properly to the plugs, washed it and then took it out for a drive to see if the misfire was cured.

It is! :clap:

fixed my drivers side electric mirror (contacts needed cleaning)

re-fitted passenger door car - a few clips had popped off

cleaned air filter

gained a splutter on idle - typical!

polished the inside of the bonnet and the slam panel. Really brightens up the bay. Highly recommended. Polished the inlet manifold again.

Not techinically today - but last weekend I;

- Removed the N/S/F calliper, took it to pieces, cleaned the piston as best as physically possible, refitted.

- Bled the brake system - (I actually have some braking now! Which is always a bonus)

- Fitted a new headunit, so i can actually listen to CD's now

- Re-Fitted door cards as correctly as possible

- Fitted some door speakers and tweeters, so i can now hear the CD's that i can now play!

- Located the place that is missing / has a sheared bolt in it that needs sorting for MOT...

Think thats about it :lol:

well iv had a ball ache of a day

i went out the house for 2min after waiting in for my new suspension and exhaust system and they both came wen i was out!!!!!! :brickwall:

they left the exhaust as a neighbour signed for it but they took the suspension back to the depot in preston n cant deliver it till next fri!!!

i then spend 2hours removing the exhaust only to find the new one was different and i had to make it fit coz i cant afford another1 and id had to angle grind the old1 off in places!!!

well shes all put back together now as gonna take her out for a test run,fingers crossed she sounds ok

are there two different types of rado exhaust???? as the mountings are different on the new 1

Some have bar hangers and others have hook hangers. Think its the early spec cars have the hooks and later models have bars - someone correct me if im wrong. :D

Some have bar hangers and others have hook hangers. Think its the early spec cars have the hooks and later models have bars - someone correct me if im wrong. :D

Spot on, early have the "hook" type hanger, late have the "bar" type.

Spot on, early have the "hook" type hanger, late have the "bar" type.

Cheers for clarifying that mate :salute:

right well iv fitted a late exhaust on a hooks wel abit bodging untill i can afford the proper1

looks good tho

cant fit old one back on as had to cut through some of pipework to get her out,prob was the origonal zorst by looks of it

new shocks and springs 2mo tho courtisy of mr mass!