Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted Rear leather door cards

Fitted a connector for my radio to headunit, not had radio in my car since i brought my car on 7th July 2006!

Spent 2 hours cleaning the ISV and MAF, and then fixing my PCV valve to try and sort my dodgy running issues just to find my HT leads are buggered......

...... I'm sure I checked them recently :? :lol:

Drove down to G-Werks and treated my C to charger rebuild, an uprated SNS chip, timing setup and a general health check :)

swopped rear lights over from my early c, new white c now has smoked lights which look a lot better imo.

changed the white corrado badge for a black one, only a small thing but makes a big differnce. :clap:

Treated the car to new rear wheel bearings, front wishbones and bushes, refurbed 288 & std rear calipers, grooved discs and red stuff pads all round. But one of the calipers isn't releasing :(

Serviced it, almost all my own doing too! :notworthy:

Also cleaned the engine bay with a pressure washer, I was pretty nervous doing this, I also removed the engine cover and I'm currently deciding what colour to spray it.

Went to Performance Trim and got the carbon fibre bonnet fitted :D

bean a while...ummm

1. adjusted the ISV so it doesn't leak, picked up a lot of throttle response and picked up hg/in of 2 and now reside a comfy 17 Hg/in

2. new o-rings on the automatic transmission cooler, three in all (i still have the OEM call for the oil filter on top of the tranny cooler), no more leaking tranny fluid

3. check/adjust the voltage regulator and the co pointentiometer (14.3V and 500 ohms)

4. replaced "stretchy" crank bolt with non-stretch bolt/washer and high strength loctight

gave it a good wash after the loads of snow we've had.

Re-fitted side bumper strips after when i removed them the last numpty who owned it used glue so some of the paint came off! Looks better now.

Fitted an upgraded headlight wiring loom and removed the front seat belts

ive got to do this on mine, got one but just not sure how much hassle it'll be to fit :?

put new prada 2s all round and fitted a new super chip :luvlove:

pleased with the results, not happy about my empty wallet. :p

Finished cleaning up all four wheelarches and waxoyling! :clap:

Also had to chase a Kestrel out of the garage, when one mistook the open doors and window at the back as a tunnel, only to discover something called glass. Managed to open the window for it to fall out and fly away. As a thank you it left me lunch of a butchered chick. Nice............ :gag:

Not something I did but had the car serviced at Stealth today and got a Vibratechnics Front Mount fitted whilst I was there as well as a new VAG thermostat and new belts. It's purring like a kitten again. And on the plus side they finally managed to cure my flashing coolant level light.. its only been bugging me for about a YEAR! Hooray!

What turned out to be the problem causing the annoying coolant light, Jim?

Fitted set of dezent alloys bought off here. Looking good too 8) though i think the car needs to go a little lower now that they're on, but i dont want to go lower then -40mm drop- will get some pics up when i get some new batteries for camera, you guys give me your opinions.

A bent pin on the bloody plug that connects to the expansion tank... :cry: Doh!

not today, but on Sunday I stripped J-DUB to a bare shell ready to sell off as spares... :(

mine came out of winter hibernation today..... wash polish and a spin down the road to get a tax disc in prep for MOT next week..... And here comes the confession..... I only managed 118 miles in mine last year :nuts: I must get out more...

Changed the drivers side Fog Lamp for one bought from 'Kirade' on the forum.

Finally one job this week that didn't end in tears. :clap: Didn't find any rust, previous bodge work, overspray, additional broken parts, no scuffed knuckles or swearing at inanimate objects. :bad-words:

At the weekend though not today finally finished at fitted the door cards also sprayed my visors and sunroof switch

Oh and I know its not my corrado but got slightly carried away when starting to repair some rust around the screen of my caddy! :lol: :cuckoo: