Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Am i the only one doing anything to my car these days?!...

Had the Corrado converted to run on LPG during the week. Used Profess Gas in Wales

You close to / in Wales then mate?

And no you're not the only one doing anything to your car, but some of us are having to save up funds first :wink:

nope, i'm near Glasgow!

Profess were 800 less than anyone else and the quality is very good, very tidy install. Yeah, i know the feeling. That's me rooked for the time being!

Removed the plastic cap on the distributor bolt & gave a good spray with WD40 on my G60 ready to put in a new distributor & re-time it next week. Not sure how I'm going to get at the 13mm bolt as in true Rado fashion its partially hidden under the body of the distributor so normal socket is impossible. :shrug:

Fitted my AP Racing 4 pots and new Rota wheels. Pics on my thread if I get a chance today.

nope, i'm near Glasgow!

Profess were 800 less than anyone else and the quality is very good, very tidy install. Yeah, i know the feeling. That's me rooked for the time being!

Near Glasgow!? Cor that's a long way to go, but that's a tidy saving, probably just about covered your petrol :lol:

Fitted my AP Racing 4 pots

Me too :luvlove:

Well, it really has been a busy few weeks.

An exhaust manifold to turbo stud snapped due to a worn out rear engine mount which meant that the cylinder head had to come off (again!) to get access to it.

While i was at it i stripped the engine bay loom out and removed all of the loom tape, cleaned every single wire, replaced many of the amp plugs, repaired many worn out old cables, integrated an uprated headlight loom into the cars original loom, rewired the injector loom with all new plugs and wires and removed the old headlight loom and o2 sensor loom. I diverted the old o2 sensor cables to run my wideband. fitted the complete loom into black split ducting.

While it was off the road i decided to spend a bit of cash on her. work done so far:

AP Racing CP5200 4 pot calipers.

AP Racing brackets for Corrado 4 stud.

AP Racing bells.

AP Racing discs, 294mm x 28mm, 4 groove, 48 angled vanes.

Goodridge braided AP to Corrado front brake hoses.

EBC red stuff front pads for AP CP5200.

4 x 17" 4 stud bbs rc's.

Aquamist 1s water/metth Injection kit.

Mocal alloy catch tank.

New vibra-technics front engine mount. (mk2 golf vr6 conversion type)

New vibra-technics rear engine mount. (fast road)

KW rear anti roll bar.

Powder coated and powerflexed front wishbones.

Greddy turbo timer.

New reiger front grille with eyebrow.

2 New heated washer jets, genuine vw.

New reverse light switch, genuine vw.

£150 of mikalor stainless steel hose clamps.

New cv boots, genuine vw.

New steering rack boots, genuine vw.

G12++ coolant.

New oil filter, genuine vw.

New oil.

New oil filter housing, genuine vw.

New knock sensor.

Elring G60 head gasket set and Elring head bolts.

New exhaust manifold studs and nuts.

New turbo to manifold studs and nuts.

New battery.

Aluminum backed fiberglass heat shielding for harness and firewall.

Lots of harnessflex engine loom split duct with y,t and amp plug end fittings.

Lots of thin wall cable, various sizes and colors.

Lots of spade type crimps.

Lots of solder and heat shrink.

2 x 70A relays and 70A fuses and holders for headlights.

New AMP fuel injector plugs and wireing (wired ready for future possible sequential injection)

Waterproof enclosure for relays.

Osram night breaker bulbs.

BG44K Pro Grade Fuel Injector & Fuel System Cleaner.

Cleaned and painted the engine block.

Stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the rear calipers, now they work as they should.

Adjusted the handbrake.

Adjusted the bias valve.

Fitted a new kenwood kiv-700 media headunit and a 160 gig black ipod classic.

PICTURES

Probably a few other things i missed lol. My back aches but my "to do" list is slowly getting smaller! :clap:

And next week im going to strip down the steering rack (oh joy of joys) Ive ordered a new full trw rack seal kit from vw but it is stuck in France at the moment due to the recent strikes :(

Next... :salute:

finally bough my exaust system £360 jetex off ebay :~) should be here tommo, fit on saturday, pics on sunday :)

Fixed the light in the boot...simple fix, one of the spade connectors had backed off. Topped up engine with oil and coolant. installed a small led below the slider controls for the heater to illuminate the ashtray. Fitted a 2 relay headlight loom and am chuffed with the extra brightness. still need to uprate the bulbs.

Messed up my headlight and ruined my spare steering wheel.... :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

not my best car day tbh :mad2: :mad2:

I changed the accelerator cable today. Its gone from te stiffest pedal ever (having to lift me heal just to get enough leverage on it) to the lightest pedal ever. Now I just need to get use to it

changed my electric window motr and mech. god damn my knuckles are sore.

only took hour and half though :D

side note: spoiler stopped working on the same day though :(

god damn corrado's i hate em. lol only joking :D wouldnt have it any other way.

put a new battery on it today hasnt turned a key in three months and guess what started first time :D i love my rado 8)

Took the front seats out of today for a quick assesment of how im gonna mount some recaro's fronts. Handy time get the vax out and clean the carpets up.seats back in then topped engine bay fluids up.screenwash and antifreeze.

Same as neikitz, out with the seats and cleaned/hoovered. Oh, and became about £1.20 better off in the process! :)

Also showed an A4 3.0 TDi a clean pair of heels down the dual carriageway away from two roundabouts, was well happy :)

'What Jonathan did to my Corrado today'

Changed my wiper blades and yes, they are now much quieter thank you :clap: x

Your welcome just be careful using deicer on them as that's what usually knackers them up :luvlove: . i promise I will do your headlight loom asap with winter on the way and getting darker sooner the more light on the road the better X

Polished the car today then took it too the paint sprayers to get the bonnet bumper and wing mirrors painted (damm stone chips)

but will be minty mint then. :clap:

Changed the original rear mount (seemed in pretty good nick when I got it out!) for a Vibratechnics one. Test drive a bit later...

Past few days:

Dropped the subframe and gave it a damn good clean.

Fitted some powerflexed wishbones.

I stripped down my leaking steering rack and rebuilt it with all new seals, greased it up and fitted new genuine vw rack boots and uj boot (no vw specific tools were required for the rebuild!)

Also fitted a powerflex steering rack mount.

Flushed steering system out with new vw fluid and filled up with new vw steering fluid.

Re-fitted subframe, rack and wishbones. (car on axle stands and i was out in the dark with a howling wind, not fun)

Adjusted the sterring racks tension.

Fitted some new genuine vw cv boots.

Tweaked up the rear bearings after a few thou miles of use.

The steering rack looked to be only a few years old and was in mint condition internally. It looks as if the previous owner or rack fitter didn't use vw specific fluid in it which might be the cause of the seals failing. The steering now feels as good as new.

PASSED MOT TODAY 1st time and 0 advisories :clap: i should flippin hope so too. :lol:

p.s. I really enjoyed watching the car come backwards off the rollers when he pulled on the handbrake. My previous brake refurb, pads and cables has worked a treat. :grin: