Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

fitted the rad bottle for the second time (stupid ECP :lol:), this time £4 from a scrappy. tried to fit rat door handel but gave up. think i need a new striker from dave 16v!

oh cleaned my new seats! tesco interior cleaner, £1.69 and a TOP job!!!

picked up my bargain steering wheel of e-bay, then found out halfords ordered the small splined boss, after i told them i wanted the big splined one :x

Ran a vag-com scan to check my enigine is still running 100% and got 0 faults :) Oh and I wrote a list of "things to do" for Ultimate Dubs.

Jay

Oh and I wrote a list of "things to do" for Ultimate Dubs.

I'm guessing it was a short list :wink: :lol:

They always seem to be a page long at whatever stage in a project you are, they just get more and more detailed :)

Rather than "fit engine" its now "fit new door latch pins" :)

Jay

wrote a list of bodywork that needs doing for a friend whos taken it away to spray. can wait to get it back not driven since 2nd feb cant wait to take it for a blast

Changed my rear beam bushed to powerflex and attempted to flush out the old skanky brake fluid. I now have hardly any brakes so i'll have to take it easy to work and back this week :E

Also next weekend is front wishbone bushes

fixed a stuck boot lock barrel by dissassembling and greasing. snapped some plastic and scratched some trim in the process .

then fitted new bonnet cable and replaced the snapped plastic bit on the drivers side with a metal piece.

then sanded down a little rust spot and repainted. Ropey finish but at least it wont get worse.

drove my car, then my car stopped, then everything that could go wrong, went wrong (some dude even backed into my front bumper). It's now here at home just off the flat bed truck. wrote the whole story in the engine bay forum, so read it there. Corrados can be suck backstabbers every once in a while :$

(Yesterday) Ordered an Optima RT-S4.2 battery and a Weitec fixed-damping susmension kit from G-Werks.

(Today) Took delivery of the battery and picked up a complete new set of top mounts and bumpstops.

That's the most money I've ever spent on a car in one go.

Spent hours cleaning it out, had the seats out etc and the hoover.

Realised there is a rear number plate light which was dirty as hell and polishing the interior too.

Was gonna buff up the splitter but it's started peeing down now!

Oh and I found 1p! :0

Got up at 8:30am to remove all four wheels and clean them, hoover the interior, clean the glass, wash, dry and polish. Drove her to the TV meet and enjoyed it a lot! Got pulled by the feds on the way home (and quite rightly so :oops:), enjoyed that rather less...

Yesterday, did a few bits and bobs on my sis's rado and cleaned all the builder's dust off the Passat (cheers very much, mr and mrs next-door :x).

sorted out the suspension (eibach springs means C was sat lower at the back?!) by fitting bonrath topcaps, ride height not higher at front than back now....

oh and fitted the koni springs to a mates 'donor' passat.. these springs were on my c when i got it, Cannot believe how low it ended up...

GVK.jpg

well got my new Jetex stainless exhaust fitted, very pleased with the quality of welds, and very suprised how quite it is, its honestly no louder than the standard exhaust. :D