Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

yesterday: spent 6 hours on the exterior, cleaning and polishing main exterior parts (not under the bonnet or any unpainted black parts) and fitted new side indicators

today: fitted new chrome rear hatch latch. awesome result for £5.

Spent 4 hours putting on the rear discs, pads and new bearings. Plus fitted Goodridge hoses all round. Anyone else had a gel type stuff coming out the brake lines when bleading them? :oops:

Did an oil change on the 24v last night. How Easy!!! Much easier than any other car I have ever done. Plus the oil, filter and sump plug only cost a total of £21 from VW. Nice! :)

Jay

Dunno if its the same on the V6 as it is on the TDI but you don't technically even need to get under the car to change the oil on mine! If you get a Pella oil pump you can just suck the old oil out, and the filter / housing is directly accessible at the front of the engine bay with the engine cover off! So easy!

They are different mate. The V6 one points down, where the Diesel one points upwards.

I can't even see under the front of my car without jacking it up, let alone change the filter :)

Jay

Cleaned inside and out. Even did the door shuts and round the inside of the boot :oops:

Fitted repaired splitter back on and finished off with giving the cow some polish and the paint some as well. Lovin the Meguires( spelling could be wrong ) gold class stuff 8)

well i did nothing. my mate took it to the merc dealership he works at, he completely stripped out the interior and steamed cleaned everywhere, then teflon coated all the material, then he mopped the outside twice, then he applied some vey expensive special merc wax. the car looks stunning, no swirl marks, and an interior that looks brand new, well pleased, and the grand total £0. 8)

well i did nothing. my mate took it to the merc dealership he works at, he completely stripped out the interior and steamed cleaned everywhere, then teflon coated all the material, then he mopped the outside twice, then he applied some vey expensive special merc wax. the car looks stunning, no swirl marks, and an interior that looks brand new, well pleased, and the grand total £0. 8)

Quality, everybody needs a mate like that! 8) Do ya think he'd do mine?! :wink:

finally sealed off the vacuum pipes where the CC was properly.

had a go at removing the side trim

removed and prep'ed the front spoiler for painting tomorrow

tidied up the headlight loom

have him a clean

fitted the fk's!!! yay!!

went on a 1 1/2hr test run, an very impressed :D

also got to drive me mates R32, :luvlove: :mrgreen: :luvlove:

well my members motors thread dosnt get much lookin at so...

over the past few days ive swapped the whole interior from grey to black,except the carpet as i havent sorted one yet.

neil.

cleaned it my trouble an strife did some more leathering of interior parts!

pics please

ill get some up when shes finished them tomorrow, she did my whole headliner not sure if there are some pics on e1k but it looks very cool!

ill get some up when shes finished them tomorrow, she did my whole headliner not sure if there are some pics on e1k but it looks very cool!

so you post your mods on e1k before the corrado-forum.. tut-tut.. :wink:

especially for you Darren! my sunroof switch panel and the centre of my momo runner steering wheel, obviously not finished totally but lookin good!

Results from todays efforts...

Refitted inlet manifold after it was polished - all with new bolts etc

Cleaned some more engine bay 8)

Fitted VW centres to alloys

Refitted rear badges

New anti roll bar drop links both sides

refitted innr arches + brake ducts

Converted outside air temp to inlet temp

Fitted some other spangly polished bits

Replaced exsisting side repeaters with smoked ones

Refitted wing mirrors after drilling out the orig bolts to get them off for paint !!

Replacd some more screws with stainless ones 8)

Final prep for MOT on tues

Spent a few hours with a screwdriver poking in bits of the trim on my sunroof that got snagged ages ago. Bloody annoying, poke that one bit and another bit comes out!

Oh, and I have no tilt on my sunroof now :roll:

Things added!

1. Reiger rear wing

2 Rear diffuser

3 tinted rear lights

4 17" BK299's

5 Eyebrow Spoiler

6 M3 Sideskirts

7 Rear window lip

8 1 Wiper Conversion

9 Front RS Bumper

Next will be 40mm drop front springs,then im when rich ill be able to have her painted!

Then!