Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

today i...bought the car! and started spending way too much, but lukily only in my mind!

but made a list of plans! i saw little its probably about 2weeks worth of solid work and over 2000quids worth of bits :s oops

Today, I finally, after 3 months of ownership,used the Corrado the way it was meant to be used,

I had to make a 55 mile journey to my cousins in Castle Douglas,South West Scotland,the road I used is

a mixture of A and B roads,and is very twisty.

It was wet and windy and I absolutely kicked the Rado's arse the whole journey,it went and handled the way,

I remembered a Corrado should.

I made the first leg of the journey in 57 minutes,but got it down to 50 minutes on the way back,probably because a dude in a big Merc fancied his chances,but he soon put the white flag up.

All in all,that's the most fun I've had in a car, for a long time,and I 'd have taken on anyone on that road today :mrgreen:

even told the Mrs,and it's her car :hitler: :lol:

Left it by the side of the road before being questioned by cops. They pulled me over for dazzling them with my fogs on. Then said I was speeding. Could've been true - who knows...

Last night replaced clutch master cylinder and the coiled copper/rubber hydraulic line to the slave cyl, and re-bled the system - success! No more bubbles :D :cheers:

Then refitted the inlet manifold and realised it was 11:30pm :oops: Big thanks to the wife for staying out in the wind and rain to help me do all that! :wink: :luvlove:

Refitted throttle body and FPR, but this happened to the end of the fuel rail :(

_DSC6184.jpg[/attachment:4qtt8b0l]

Bother :|

New fuel rail on order, hope to have a working car soon :roll: have missed it these last two weeks!

Taken rear seats out, went to timber yard, got some wood to make false floor.

looking on ebay for rear strut brace and harnesses.

Went and ordered some new part for the front-end refurb FROM THE DEALERS :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know, Dinkus/Walesy, I must be insane right cos I hate the dealers? :lol: It was mainly bolts anyways so ovvy dealer job.

Got bumloved over a 1-pin coolant thermotime switch though... I almost apologised for not having any small change on me and having to pay by card... NO NEED! :shock:

Prepped it for collection and dropped off the keys at the bodyshop, bodywork will be repaired (mainly 70mph bonnet release damage from December) and the front end resprayed in the next fortnight.

Even went as far as making this purdy manual for the sunroof :oops:

VW Corrado Sunroof Instructions.pdf[/attachment:h3qy5mnn]

Obsessive? moi? :lol:

Fitted the bonnet release cable which was fun! Spent an hour underneath the car trying to get the O/S bonnet catch to release. Got there in the end though. :) As is typical with my Corrado (or is it just my DIY skills) I broke something else. Tried to clean up the Oil Temp Sender & snapped the wire as it was practically hanging off anyway. Off to the stealers next week for a new plug connector as it's goosed.

:censored: rear wheel bearing is on it's way out again. I knew I should have got the job done properly last time!

threw £28 worth of VAG switch away after it sheared in half when tightening

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

spent 3 hours doing this...

18032008395.jpg

need to get some turps on the sticky stuff in wheel well, little spraying of white paint and then ready for strut brace!

lol, i cleaned it all (crap pic) and moved all wires to make em neater and also moved my amp, that took blooming ages.

i want a roll cage...cant find one anywhere.

I sheared a wishbone bolt in half with my man-strength (grrrrrrr), and then moved my car back onto the driveway...via the ring-road.... uh, TWO laps of the ring-road.

I'm Jon, and I'm an addict.

*group welcomes Jon*

With some bracket design consultancy from CazzaVR :salute: fitted a brand new BMC CDA this afternoon. Managed to tuck the bracket underneath very neatly. Whoaa - what a fantastic soundtrack - really pleased with the way it behaves itself at low revs and then builds when you boot it - Very, very addictive :D