Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

drained coolant and flushed, changed yellow temp sender, replaced the auxhillary water pump and changed the radiator switch for a low temp jobby, refilled system and went for a blast :D

LOADS quieter in the cab with the pump changed, old one was making a racket through the matrix, reassuring whir from the fan at 87degs too

Sometimes its like corrados know that they need some tlc and let you know. :lol:

Friday, just as i was about to head off on a 50 miles round trip in the hammering rain my windscreen wipers finally gave up. They had been juddering all over the place for more than a year and i just kept putting off fixing them. On inspection today i found that all the linkage joints were dried up and full of dirt, as were the moving parts that the wiper arms connect to. Plus the extra pressure of the lupo wiper conversion so its no wonder the motor was having a struggle with it all.

Stripped the motor down today and cleaned everything. The motor brushes were fine. Greased the gearbox and motor bearings. Cleaned the electrical connector and then put it all back together. Cleaned and greased all parts of the the linkage and found that under all of the dirt it was actually all in tip top condition. Fitted a new relay and a new fuse just for good measure. Adjusted motor rest position and fitted and adjusted the wiper arms.

Wipers are perfect now :clap: as good as new, fast, smooth, quiet and no judder. Why did i put this off for so long!

Next... :salute:

It was a dirty job - but now the engine block have been preped for base-coat tomorrow, only left to degrease it.

Also managed to refit the front drivetrain today (not the suspension) - but atleast some progres - FORWARD :)

Fitted my MK4 expansion tank upgrade, and replaced one of the vac hoses that was split. Just the wires to sort out now, with a little help from my friendly vehicle eletricion(work with him, he's making me a small loom up to excend the tank warning sensor) :D

Finished painting the engine block :)

Started to drill out the bolts going thru the f**** brake regulator valve - what a pain in the a**** :)

Finished painting the engine block :)

Started to drill out the bolts going thru the f**** brake regulator valve - what a pain in the a**** :)

Get an air hacksaw and cut the regulator in half. Loads easier.

I have a electric "tigersaw", so could use that one, but problem is that I have plugged off the brake hose/pipe that goes out from regulator, and want to keep the fluid in the system for now - only drilling as I want to take of the bracket for rear beam to give it a coat of paint...:)

(I want to wait hacking it to pieces until I'm ready to do the brake system...;), so it don't start to rust inside...:)

I cleared out and hoovered the boot, as well cleaning the space saver before putting it back. I refitted the plastic cover in the boot and cleaned off some rotten stickers from the inside of a couple of windows. I also fitted the VR6 badge to the badgeless grill, fitted a brand new front number plate and put my tinted headlight covers back on.

Got into it, started it, drove to work and thought. "i must get that fixed, and that, oh, and that as well" I love my C

got it out the unit and took it for a blast because the battery was getting low moving it in and out the unit. got back and it was pissing out water .. not happy! oh put £5.00 worth of fule in it!

Superb picture mate - taking it the rebuild VR kept a big smile on your face the whole way round? :)

Definately! - As it was my first track day in it I had an instructor come out with me for the first session and he commented on how good the brakes felt, even by the end of the session. He was also commented on how well the car pulled down the straights - well i did have to back off down the pit straight as i re-caught the Alpina B3 that i'd let through before the last corner 8) - so the car that VW built did well and the 'DG' refinements kept me grinning and on the black stuff all day :salute:

1 more pic from the day:

was there by any chance a ford focus rs with black wheels and a red honda civic at this track day?

if so how did they fair against you?

Yep I think they were both there, the Civic wasn't on track at the same time as me but the Focus was out on my second session, and did overtake me, but then again most of them did :roll:

This weekend I fiddled with the alarm and it's playing up :scratch:

Washed it, took it for a drive, whacked it into high boost and smoked an R32 :wave: and now about to sorn it for the winter :(

Put on the rear KW struts, and tried to figure out the assembly of the front ones - Think I got it now :)

Installed the oil-pressure sensors etc on the refurbished engine :), and assembled the new Thermostat housing and thermostat + new sensors.

Made some smooth mirrors.

SL371303.JPG

Fixed a problem with the radio and then got carried away and decided to removed all of the factory speaker wires as they are not used anymore. Then decided to rewire and tidy up all of my dash mods as it was like a snakes nest in there.

SL371344.JPG

Replaced doth door membranes.

Next... :salute:

MOT, Service, Ball Joints, Track Rod Ends, Front Wheel Bearings, 4 wheel Alignment. Well, I say what "I did"... actually I just wrote the job list and Cheque :lol: