jboyslick

DIAVIA AIR CONDITIONING

I have an after fit diavia air con unit, fitted in 97 onto a 93 vr6. the motor makes a loud whirring noise when placed onto anything but the lowest setting. I have had it taken apart and glued together as aparently there were some broken sections within the motor, however the motor is still noisy, just not as noisy!! :? I have taken it to a local garage and vw who are quoting me £30 for a new standard ie non air con blower motor. I require a diavia blower motor or similar that from the enclosed below will cost me just over £200!! Does anyone know where i can get a cheaper version from or anyone else I can take the car to to mend the current air con. The air con works fine ie its cold and stuff, its just i need to turn my stereo up to mute the motor noise!

Should i just bite the bullet and pay for the blower motor, or can anyone help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated :lol: :lol:

Unit 3 Boundary Business Centre Boundary Way Woking Surrey GU21 5DH England

Tel: +44(0)1483 726300 Fax: +44(0)1483 729300

Email: mailto:[email protected] Web: http://www.readerair.co.uk

To James Allen

Thankyou for visiting Reader Air Conditioning's website

With reference to your enquiry about supplying a blower motor for a VW Corrado VR6 with Diavia A/C

1 x blower motor £185.00+vat

Carriage £15.00+vat

1IN STOCK - then out of production - no longer available

If you need any more assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Grant

Reader Air Conditioning

I remember Guy Hartley mentioned someone in Weybridge who was supposed to be pretty handy with Davia air-con systems.

I have a feeling the contact details are somewhere on the forum so a search might help.

Ant (BananaMan) has told me about a US-spec Corrado at a scrappy near him in Kent that has aircon fitted - I'm hoping to get the compressor and condensor off it, so can try and liberate the fan blower from under the dash if you like?

Only thing is, I won't be able to get over there til a week on Sat - could you wait that long?! :D

I have the Davia system in my VR, and I'm sure it is a standard blower motor - nothing special.

I'm still using it now, even though I have Passat Climate Control too...

Ok, I just found this thread. Check the 2nd post from Guy - it has the contact details.

I think I'll be giving Keith a call when my wallet can afford it as my aircon needs a look at too :?

update - Just realised your in Bath so Weybridge aint too local for you :roll:

Diavia uses a unique blower, not the std VAG unit. The VAG AC blower unit is inserted horizontally as opposed to the fit from below std item. The Diavia is fit from below but does not look anything like the VAG motor.

As many people are now having issues with these, the way forward may be to find someone who can rebuild these.

I had a blower replaced by Keith last yeah, he sourced one from a MKIII golf for me: (£78.60) He fitted it for me, fixed a leak (chaffed pipe) and did a full service too ;-) I can't recommend this Corrado friendly chap enough!

Give him a bell: Workshop: 01932 570333, mobile 07885 239385

A/C Engineering, Unit 7, 12 Chertsey Bridge Road, Chertsey Surrey.

KT16 8LF

cheers guys. The blower motor is definately a different size to the standard vw one. I'll contact the gut in Surrey first and also with respect to kent gradeAfailure i'll pm you after talking to keith first. summer months ahead & wearing a suit with a gut and hairy chest like mine, i aint lookin' forward to it unless i get this sorted asap!!! :wink:

Guy when you had your Climatronic installed, did you have the full ac unit from the donor car fitted behind the dash to replace the Diavia stuff?

Guy when you had your Climatronic installed, did you have the full ac unit from the donor car fitted behind the dash to replace the Diavia stuff?

No Amrik, I'm still using the standard Diavia setup 'behind the scenes'. The Climatronic isn't currently switching the A/C on (I have a switch to do this) but I'm looking at the wiring with interest..... so watch this space.

I'm dropping the dash in the next couple of weeks to sort out some Navigation wiring issues, install a Origin B2 and sort out my vents so I'll have a go then.

Guy longer term I want the Climatronic as well. I spoke to a guy in Slough and Keith regarding these kits, some had blower motors supplied others used the existing blower motor from the car.

I'll try to see if they are interchangeable. I'm not confident on this though.

Storm, let us know how you get on - i'd be interested in this mod too, if its feasible. BTW, chargedupstorm, what is involved in the conversion from standard aircon - I know its no plug-and-play from Andi, 's setup

It basically involves placing sensors in all the vents, removing the cable box attached to the heater matrix and replacing / plastic welding on one from a motorised Climatronic car.

When I remove my dash I'll take some pictures that may help...

chargedupstorm, thanks for that. If you've got a list of bits needed that would also help. When I've got them together I'll prob get in touch with you if you dont mind? - you're not a million miles away from me anyways.

jboyslick - Did you manage to get a Blower Motor in the end? I have the same problem, fan whirrs away and drives me crazy. But I don't want to spunk £200 on something that should be £50 max!

12 year revival! When you say whirrs, does it sound like its clipping something? One of the issues is the very tight tolerance between the blower and the housing - its literally mm. It took me ages to sort out byvtrial and error when the housing mount hole broke slightly.

12 year revival! When you say whirrs, does it sound like its clipping something? One of the issues is the very tight tolerance between the blower and the housing - its literally mm. It took me ages to sort out byvtrial and error when the housing mount hole broke slightly.

Yes I checked before I posted. jboyslick was active on here a week ago.

That's worth looking at actually. When I spun the fan by hand it didn't make any noise. Perhaps there is something behind the dash clashing with it. I'd still like to know where and how much for a new one though.