Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Inters Preview

Worlds smallest V6 3.2 or worlds largest mk1 golf? (assuming it is a mk1)

A 3.2 V6 in a MK1...it's so crazy it's almost funny!

I seem to remember a guy in Revs magazine a while back who chucked a 3.5l Rover V8 in a MK1 and converted it to RWD, then swapped the block for a 4.2, then decided that wasn't enough so bolted on a pair of turbos as well! Mental...

Aye,

That blue Mk1 was originally a left-hooker 1.6 diesel. It became Rover 3.5L V8-powered (from an old SD1) using the Rover gearbox and propshaft mated to a Sierra 1600cc rear axle. Cost the guy £500 in total :shock: Final evolution of the Mk1 resulted in it getting a BMW 3-series dash, Cossie pedal box, 5-injectors, Emerald M3 V8 Mappable ECU, Cossie diff, propshaft and rear axle, Cossie 4x4 helix clutch, Cossie brakes, Cossie LSD, 4.2L block from the Range Rover Vogue, TWO Garret T3 turbo's with homemade manifolds and a BMW 530d radiator. RR figures were around 377 BHP at 4000 rpm........

Absolutely mental and I have a magazine article on it from an early issue of The Golf if anyone wants more info

Cheers :D

BigEastSideTartanTimmehG60

arent they wonderful projects!! keep it all vag i reckon like the sky rocket sorm mk1 in retro cars with the s3 lump and nitrous gotta love it but youd know it would be a nightmare to run!