Sign in to follow this  
Rollyrob

removing steering wheel to put on a momo one help please

All you need to do is pull the centre horm pad from the top edge and disconnect the spaded terminal on the back of it. Then you need to grab the mounting plate behind the gold plate and give that a tug it isjust push fitted in that'll leave you with just the nut to undo iirc it's a !" nut or 25mm nut to undo it then the steering wheel will just pull off.

You'll need a nice big socket (think it's about 22mm - someone correct me if I'm wrong) to undo the nut for the steering wheel once you've prised off the horn push. Once that's undone, give the back of the wheel a few thumps and it should come right off. Slide the Momo boss onto the splines, making sure it's lined up correctly for the wheel to sit straight, and stick the big nut back on. Wire up the horn push, and bolt on the new wheel. Go for a drive and spend far too much time admiring your new steering wheel. Crash. Regret doing the whole damn thing. Give up and buy a Micra. Grow old. Die.

Job done! ;)

EDIT: Ant, you beat me to it cause mine turned into an essay! :lol:

Go for a drive and spend far too much time admiring your new steering wheel. Crash. Regret doing the whole damn thing. Give up and buy a Micra. Grow old. Die.

EDIT: Ant, you beat me to it cause mine turned into an essay! :lol:

LMAO.

cheers after loads of goin in and out of halfords this morning i came to the conclusion that it is 24mm. Need a boss kit to fit now anyone know the part numbers

hi mate i was in the same boat as you.

if u goto RALLY NUTS @ http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/contact.asp

they sell the momo and OMP bosses to fit.

i had a momo wheel and they flogged me the OMP boss it was about 8 quid cheaper and exactly the same fitment.

they are excellent i ordered at 4pm it was on my desk 10am next day 38 quid delivered, tweeks and everywhere else wanted nearly 50 quid i cannot fault them at all great guys :)