Sign in to follow this  
mark28G60

CAR THEFT

bugger me.... what a pain in the arse

sorry to say but the chances of finding the car are slim.... just hope the insurance covers everything for you.

i remember seeing your car at the rolling road day... hope this doesnt put you off building a another monster

feel for you mate. seen pics of your Corrado and it was a very nice car. :(

Have you been posting pics of your car with numberplates showing?

I pull my fuel pump relay out aswel when its parked for a long time.

Anything to prevent this from happening!

ive put a post on overclockers.co.uk, there's just over 12,500 members so there should be a few people that will keep and eye out for it.

really sorry mate, ive got my G60 parked outside my house and im always worried about it being nicked. Ive recently taken a few leads out of the engine until i can get the engine sorted tho so i shouldnt have too much worry. Hope you get it back in the condition it was before it was stolen!!

Sickened, happen to my previous C. Worst part was getting my current VR and constantly being on edge, checking every 5mins its still there. At first you just want it back and hope the damage in minimal, then i got to a point where i didn't want to see it ever again. They found mine in the end but i never went to see it. Important thing is, don't let the b*stard rob you of your hobby. Get another and start again.

F***ING B***ARDS!! So sorry to hear that mate gutted for you, I took all the badges off my G60 just to make it look a lot less attractive to them theiving B***ARDS out there!

The laws in this country are crap! the punishment for theft is B***OCKS thats why they have no fear of doing or getting caught. I tell you what thoug, people might say countries like Saudi Arabia have barbaric punishment (theft=hand chopped off) but I tell you one thing people over there leave there houses,cars,shops unlocked all the time, why? because no one has the b*lls to risk loosing a hand!

Will look out for you up here in W.Yorkshire too!

Hmm interesting idea tho, take a handful of fuses and relays with you when you get out each day :)

Oh and cool avatar morpheus1870 8)

Hmm interesting idea tho, take a handful of fuses and relays with you when you get out each day :)

Oh and cool avatar morpheus1870 8)

they towed mine away, if they want it they come prepaired.

Yeah, I had my car stolen a few years ago, that morning though I could not get it to start, but somehow the buggers managed to steal it.

1000th person to say gutted for you!!! I would be crying for sure and smashing any chav c### regardless!

Some amatures tried to nick mine couple of weeks back, set the alarm off, couldn't start it but nicked the number plates? In every town/city there are people who feel that they must steal from others because they feel hard done by. But why steal a sub 10 grand car and really f### hard working people off and take away people's pride and joy!!!

As the C is becoming rarer and rarer each passing day we must all group together and develope an anti C theft method.

Is it possible to let the police know of this increasing occurance of stolen C's ending up of ebay etc?

Idears anyone?

you have my sympathies mate

has anyone thought that the low life might be using the forum to get locations to steal to order

a sobering thought!

all the police seem to want to do is issue speeding tickets, they wont want to waste their time then

it took them two days to come and investigate when my brother was mugged, nice one thames valley police!!

Just to let people know.

Opened the garage this morning to find my corrado gone, absolutley gutted, almost burst into tears.

If i find the fu**ers i will k**l the little s***s.

If anyone gets offered some parts from a grey interior or external parts for a black body. Pleae let me know on mailto:[email protected]

Thx

Mark :evil:

Your car was in a magazine recently wasnt it?

Full spec, where you live, alot of exposure.

Its terrible that people use that info to get at you, but thats whats happend, damn man :!:

I hope this won't be treated as a crossposting offence :roll: Anyway, the Autowatch man just left and I have access to all areas. :wink:

Anything they do I can get. My only issue will be be supplying to folk who haven't the ability to fit the stuff themselves. This is to protect both me and the purchaser from problems down the line.

Kev and Henny, as you have previously mentioned interest feel free to get in touch. http://www.autowatch.co.uk for further details on the products.

The rep also brought a new remote immobiliser relay. This looks to be a way cool idea. You can have it cut anything and fit it in addition to other security. The remote allows you to have a 4 digit pin number, so even if the scrotes have your keys away they will have a job on their hands. You could fit one in a few minutes near the fusebox with a dedicated lead or stash it away, maybe in the boot, to have an additonal fuel pump cut. This isn't on the website yet. But I found this reference

http://www.dsauto.co.uk/Autowatch_products.htm right to the bottom of the page..

Available at much less than the advertised price on there!!

Cheers

Gavin

Cheers Gav, good info.

What I really need is a system that locks the doors when you start the car, as per Cliffords. My Autowatch 160 RLi blue supports it but it just doens't bloody work on my car. Sodding vacuum C/L :?

This function used to work when I got the car and was fitted with a Cliffy 300 at the time. It stopped working shortly after and then the rest of the alarm got worse and the died completely.

Both handles are new, all C/L wiring is good AFAIK. Any ideas as it only needs a pulse from the alarm...but the C/L does nothing!

You are going to need the install instructions for that Kev. It should be programmable. The rep left me some leaflet on the products and it is possible to select lock/unlock with ignition. I might have a 161 in the garage which has the same features without the immobiliser. I'll be back.........

Cheers Gav.

I went through the programming and even tried extending the lock pulse from 1 second to 4 seconds, but the nothing. I can hear the pump sort of trying to do something, but it doesn't activate the locks.

Other than that, the C/L works normally....

Do you have the instructions cos I found some for you. Can fax if you want them no scanner.

Gavin

I have indeed....what I'll do is take it back to Audioscape and get them to have a look as they installed it. They might have disturbed something by mistake. Cheers for the help so far tho....

Remember everyone, keep your eyes peeled at Inters this weekend for any bits which could be off this car... :|

my scirrocco got lifted stright off the floor last yr. only a couple of 1 foot skidmarks remained. it has no fuel no brakes and seized rear drums hence the skids. if they want it they will get it.

unlucky mate. sorry to hear it

No news yet?

Insurance company as normal being a pain, losing hire vehicle tonite so no car for me, unless i go and buy another.

Could take another 2 weeks for insurance payout, even though i explanined that i couldnt get to work without a car. (insurance cover only had for 2wks hire car) if it takes a month or 6wks then why not 6wks hire car.

Have now had to borrow money to buy another car, this has to be something worthwhile cause if/when (police still not been out to see me) they find mine i need to sell the car i have just bought to pay back money i borrow.

Its getting upsetting now as im starting to stress about this and works getting a little bit pissed about me on the phone all the time.

I have found a nice car though, so some tiny little silver lining

Hope to see you all at inters

Mark