Yandards

Yandards' 16VG60 - Running Report 23 Jul 15

Well it seem to be March already.

After a hiatus last year of not really doing very much with the car this year plans are afoot.

1st of these is now mocked up, I have some EL string on order to illuminate the odometer and trip meters as they don't show up properly (camera was on a long exposure).

The green filter has been removed from the MFA so I need to see if a standard bulb looks ok or if I need an LED item instead. Then I just need to tidy up the wiring, pick up a 12v supply in car and the loom it in nicely.

Only pictures of the clocks so far but there is a set of heater controls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72629[/ATTACH]

Not sure if I will need to go with the illuminated needles yet or not, that would be more obvious and as per usual for me I am trying to keep the changes very subtle and not easy to spot at first glance (during the day with this mod only!!)

Bloody hell... It lives! :) Going to be roadworthy this year then Yan?

Heh - just been readding this thread :-)

Can't believe it was nearly 6 years ago when we did the engine swap Yan!

Great banter at the time between you, me, Rodders and Dom / Walesy

Deffo coming up to see you this year for a week if we can?

Bloody hell... It lives! :) Going to be roadworthy this year then Yan?

Plans are afoot Jim, fairly large ones in fact.

So yes, it will live and properly this time not just a couple of trips down the M6!!

Plans are afoot Jim, fairly large ones in fact.

So yes, it will live and properly this time not just a couple of trips down the M6!!

Oh? Feel free to send through an email with some details :)

Due to work move I needed to get an MOT on the car prior to the New Year, although the car does not need to move until early March, I was pleased with the cost of insurance for it down on previous years by a good amount.

It's not moved in over 15 months but a solid brake pipe replacement (the one that runs from the compensator to the O/S/R flexi), a spot of brake bleeding and a rinse with a hose to shift the dust off now sees me with a new MOT for the car.

Downside it is running far too rich (might have to recal the wideband) but it should be ok to get me down the road and I did go for a bit of full throttle action in 3rd up to 7k on the run back to see how it went - not bad despite the black cloud out the back! Brakes are still a bit rubbish but another bleed and some more driving will help no end and I seem to have not connected the speedo drive cable properly, thankfully the sat nav has a speed display!

No advisories either, bit of a result really.

Top of the list for next year is a remap of the ECU and then I finally get to find out what I have made..

I know you're been pretty busy this year but chance you'll get to pop down to a show next year? Be good to all meet up. Glad the MOT's all sorted.

Mincy, I am moving on the 5th of Jan to start at Marham, Sadie is coming down in March when we move house.

Despite a busy work schedule (I am away mid May until mid Sep) I do expect to make a few shows next year as at least I can do the one day shows from there unlike my current location.

I've seen a few around Kings Lynn, but have also seen a high percentage of 'interestingly modified' ones sporting big spoilers, etc.

I've seen a few around Kings Lynn, but have also seen a high percentage of 'interestingly modified' ones sporting big spoilers, etc.

Welcome to the Fens! :lol:

Be good to see you then Yan, only 50 mins from me. Quite a few guys in the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire/Suffolk area.

This forum could do with one of those member maps that other forums have. Obviously make it accurate to only town level and not Street level for security purposes.

This forum could do with one of those member maps that other forums have. Obviously make it accurate to only town level and not Street level for security purposes.

Like this one? :)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?client=firefox-a&channel=s&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Linlithgow&gl=uk&ei=dTWKTPaxF4Xq4gaE0JWOCg&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA&msa=0&ll=54.661124,-2.768555&spn=9.44068,28.54248&z=6&msid=110756034075188781463.00048fe8191e4764fd826

Thread about it here:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=51185

Small update, after spending most of this year away with work very little has happened to the car aside from it now lives 500 miles further south and resides in a Carcoon instead of a garage.

Unpacked it from the Carcoon on Saturday afternoon and aside from some light brake disc corrosion (which will be a result of the car going in soaking wet post wash and it was raining hard that day) all is well so I am very pleased with the way the Carcoon has performed.

Took her out for a quick blat just to move things around, still runs badly at idle but a foot full of throttle coming off the Swaffham roundabout in 2nd gear was good fun!

Might actually get a proper ECU map sorted next year..

Hey mate, you down here more permanently now? We should have a meet up if we get a chance.

Hey mate, you down here more permanently now? We should have a meet up if we get a chance.

I am down this way now but since arriving in Jan have been away for 6 months and heading off again soon.

Have you any pics of your carcoon ? Is it in a sheltered place?

Sorry to bombard you with questions,but I thought the c/coons were for interior use !

Sorry to bombard you with questions,but I thought the c/coons were for interior use !

they do outdoor versions too, i was having a browse on the carcoon site - wow they are expensive though but cheaper than building a garage i guess lol

No pics but it is an outdoor one. It's double skinned with a UV barrier layer on the outside, looks like a large silver sausage and everyone seems to think there is a boat in it.

It's stretched a little since I put it up and its kinda sheltered but not massively so.

I went for the 2nd size but I would recommend the extra wide version as it could do with the extra width.

It does have some good features and is well thought out although you have to be careful removing the cover as the fan assemblies are integral to the cover.

It is cheaper than a garage and seem to be doing a better job of regulating the environment for the car too.

I am interested in how it is going to hold up over the winter months, aside from snow making it collapse a bit (although the shape would mean the snow falls off) I don't expect any issues.

As for cost, the car has always been garaged for its 25 years of life, so it would be shame to leave it out in all weathers.

It was weird when I came to visit you a few weeks back. It just didn't seem big (well, tall) enough for a car, so when I saw it on the drive I had no idea what it was. I guess you forget how low the Corrado is sometimes!

Even though I'd just turned up in one...

Well a productive couple of days, sorted out the under-reading speedo post original gauge refit as I had stuck it on a bit high.

Finally got the brake pedal feel back, I had swapped out the brake master cylinder a few weeks ago but it was too wet and cold to re-bleed the brakes, did that today and whilst not as sharp as it used to be at least it feels like its working again.

MOT booked for tomorrow although the emissions will be tight as it still needs an ECU MAP (this year!!) and to cap it all off I have just renewed the insurance for under £250 fully comp all mods declared.

You heading to the AGM on Sunday chap? Be good to catch up and see the car in all its glory