Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Modified Lupo?

somebody told me of a lupo fitted with a vr engine? anyone seen or heard of this??

love them little cars look like such good fun and modding potential!

Heh heh, I'm sure someone must have done it, but that does sound like it'd be pretty nuts.

Mind you, if the Polo I had for a while is anything to go by, even with a VR under the bonnet it'd still be about as fun to drive as a potato.

Hmm good point. Motorised foodstuffs have always been fun... I mean look at the Back To The Future car!! :lol:

appears it was dubsport, but the site is down for updates :(

bum!

spoke to my uncle over the weekend and he's put a pit in his garage and invested in some machinery...

sandblaster,spray etc, already restored a VW camper and got a rolling shell + bits for my cousin beetle.

it might be time to undertake a very silly project :D

Suffered from major traction problems due to the weight!

looked cool though...ive seen the website...i must admit i like a smoothed euro style lupo....only for the mrs of course!

hehe...wouldnt mind a go in that :D ...only one though....then get me back in me 8v!.....its a style thang 8)

Is there anything that engine won't go into? How about a VR6 mini (old shape)?

I've seen a black Lupo with an S3 engine in it....which will blow the VR lupo into the weeds!

If you could fit it in ;)

Besides you'd triple the car's weight by adding a 4wd drivetrain :lol:

not if you use the lazy/poor mans method involving elastic bands between the front and back wheels :D it worked on a remote control car I had once, lupos arent much bigger are they?

I reckon the lupo is a fairly respectable car in gti trim, got alot of power for a matchbox motor!

i'd have one (throw away the boxter exhaust though)

repsray it purple. with acid green trim (for added eye pain) fit a nice r32 or the touareg engine in the back strip out what inst need, set it for RWD and go toast some scoobs (mm straight line hero)

:lol: Classy.

Just make sure you've got the fire extinguisher ready for when you try any corners. Don't wanna be going down in flames... in a Lupo...

guess not..

meh still a student i have many hours of dreaming up crazy projects :D

i'd quite like to get a vr engine into a mark 1, but probably cant afford it, the engine anyway. I dont think any VW quite has the class of the Corrado thats in my price range so i might have to wait a few years..

*ponders the r32 lupo some more*

damn my imagination, it could even have a replica kit and wheels!

not if you use the lazy/poor mans method involving elastic bands between the front and back wheels :D it worked on a remote control car I had once, lupos arent much bigger are they?

Neat plan. Just use some massive cambelts to strap the two axles to together!

I used to have a Scalextric Audi quattro that had the elastic band 4WD system... :D