Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Whats the most embarrasing moment you've had in your corrado

horn got stuck on tonight whilst driving through rush hour traffic

wish the seat could have swallowed me up

Haha, wish i had seen that

Do I see you every day or is that not you?

went to fill up with fuel last night at a garage were i used to work ,left as i thought the product they sold was crap ,went to start the c but she burped and then farted and wouldnt start , i then had to ask the old bosses son to help push her of the forcort much to the joy of my old boss :oops:

didn't happen in my c or even a car for that matter but quite amusing none the less! many years ago i'd been working on my yam rd125lc i had changed the jets in the carb in the vain hope it would extract an extra 0.5bhp out the thing! when i put everything back together i managed to put the carb slider in the wrong way which resulted in the bike not kicking over. so in my infinite wisdom i thought i'd bump it not realising the carb slider was in the fully open position! the outcome was the engine fire up, revved up to its 11,000rpm redline so what do i do? totally sh*t mesel, paniced, dump the clutch & took off down the lane desperately trying to cling onto the wheelying bike! unable to steer the thing coz the front wheel was off the ground i then hit the kerb which swung me into a neighbours fence, flipping me over the top & landing on this concrete yard narrowly missing a clothes line pole! my neighbour who was washing dishes at the kitchen window colapsed in a heap,tears rolling down his face, had to crawl out the door to see if i was ok! not before checking on the bike & killing the engine coz his kid was asleep!! i then had to sneak the wrecked bike into the shed & try to walk in the house without looking in agony coz my mam would've killed me again! happy days!!

sorry purpley-corrado-dude, but thats so funny..now thats put a big smile on my face

That is hilarious!

Lost the back end on a roundabout in the centre of Leeds at 5pm on a Friday. Tried to correct it and it span the other way exiting the roundabout and eventually stopping sideways across a dual carriageway.

I felt like a right tit - never posted it on here until now, and check the 'spotting' thread for a week following, would have been just my luck to have been spotted. :oops:

once had to be towed home by a vauxhall astra van in the corrado ,and i used to own an r5 1 litre with a dimma kit :oops: which i made a jap spoiler for out of bits of metal ,a la carisma !!

exept mine dropped of going round an island and got run over by a jeep ,who din't even notice ,i was too embarressed to pick it up and my g/f still laugh's about it today ,god i had some sh1t cars !!

now thats bad !!! :D did something like that on a yamaha IT 490 trying to be clever in front of a couple of young ladies at a bus stop , popped it up on the back wheel as you do only not to notice bloody metro in front stop , managed to insert the bike nicely in to the the back window and boot , made a right mess of the car but the bike lived to fight another day !!! :shocked!:

yes i have seen you a few times at roundswell

At vw festival last year went to start the c to go home. Thats right it wouldnt start lol. Had to get some people to push me so i could bump it off. Not the best way to start your car infront of loads of vw enthusiasts. lol.

At vw festival last year went to start the c to go home. Thats right it wouldnt start lol. Had to get some people to push me so i could bump it off. Not the best way to start your car infront of loads of vw enthusiasts. lol.

I hate moments like that - I took my XR3i round to my mates house a day or so after I bought it and was showing it to him and his dad. His dad asked if it was reliable and I said "great - starts up no bother every time!" so me and Ryan get in and guess what? Facker wouldn't start! His old boy and him ended up giving me a push so I could bump start it! Holy Embarrassment! :oops:

yes i have seen you a few times at roundswell[/quote:52587]

Give me a wave next time, I am half asleep in the mornings.

picked up my raddo g60 yesterday and after 5 minutes of ownership

i managed to crunch the front spoiler doing 3 point turn,then i realised

several key factors

1 i had never driven a left hooker

2 a wheel bearing was loosing the will to live

3 im a shortarse and i couldnt see much behind me

4 some shonky aftermarket gearknob decided it wanted

to make its own decisions in life

5 aftermarket gearknob got stuck in reverse i had to use

both hands to free it

6 the gearknob decided to teach me a lesson and left the shaft

during a gear change :cry:

and to top it all my mk1 is giving me funny looks :lol:

some shonky aftermarket gearknob decided it wanted

both hands to free it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i managed to crunch the front spoiler doing 3 point turn,

thjats a bad day mate made me smile though :rainbowafro:

i managed to crunch the front spoiler doing 3 point turn,then i realised

several key factors

1 i had never driven a left hooker

2 a wheel bearing was loosing the will to live

3 im a shortarse and i couldnt see much behind me

4 some shonky aftermarket gearknob decided it wanted

both hands to free it

during a gear change :cry:

and to top it all my mk1 is giving me funny looks :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL ... that is indeed a bad day!

I had a rather embarrassing thing happen in my Corrado, but I have a US model with the ridiculous automatic belts that skoot back and forth depending if the key is in ignition or the door is open.

Anyway, I was working at a job site for a extremely wealthy client and they have their own security force/system. You drive up to a gate and there is a camera and speaker/mic that you talk into to announce your presence so that they can open the gate. This time, I guess the guy on duty was being slow so I reached out to push the button to alert him. Well, I hadn't parked close enough to reach the button so I opened the car door a bit and reached out further to press the button. Opening the door set off the seat belts and they started to skoot forward while I was half out the window. Needless to say it grabbed me and I was caught with the seatbelt pulling me forward and the door opening and falling out. The security guys were watching me while this was happenign and got a great hoot out of me making a fool of myself in my cool car :oops:

Paul