Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

I need some advice

I want to sell my car (1.8 16v), but unfortunately it has a biiiggg scratch all the way done the side.

Do I sell the car with the scratch and take less than I want for her or do I respray in which case I won't get back the money I paid for the respray. I'm in a lose-lose situation, what should I do??

get a quote for the respray, is it less than what you think you'd have to knock off the price if you didnt get it done? sadly you're either going to loose out by selling it cheaper, or loose out by having to get the respray done.

off topic - selling already?

:mad: Which little turd did that??

If you get it re-sprayed you won't get your money back on selling it, so I'd sell it with the scratch, price it a bit high and when someone looks at it knock a bit off the price to cover the scratch re-spray ;)

price it a bit high and when someone looks at it knock a bit off the price to cover the scratch re-spray

and remember to get this thread deleted before you put your advert on the forum :lol:

:mad: Which little turd did that??

If you get it re-sprayed you won't get your money back on selling it, so I'd sell it with the scratch, price it a bit high and when someone looks at it knock a bit off the price to cover the scratch re-spray ;)

Stupidly, I bought it with the scratch on it already, I think the bloke that sold it to me probably did exactly what you're saying because he let me knock £400 off the asking price!

Corradowales, its VR6 time, how did you know?

price it a bit high and when someone looks at it knock a bit off the price to cover the scratch re-spray

and remember to get this thread deleted before you put your advert on the forum :lol:

Corrado value is all subjective anyway... ;) :lol:

i say sell it as is, with a quick tcut and buff. Someone else may prefer to get a cheaper c and worry about it later - or not as you have!

I remeber when I saw yr car you mentioning the scratch.. depends on if yr prepared to sell the car abit cheaper to compensate for it, or spend the money & get it sorted.. one way or the other you will have to pay...

IIRC if you rub down and fill carefully with primer and then touch up, buff down and touch up again you can get a good finish. Henny is really your man here. It may take a weeknd but at least your loss will only be your time and some paint. Otherwise if its not too deep you could also try some coloured polish, although I cant vouch for how good they are.

It really is a DEEP scratch, not a Tcut or coloured polish job.

I don't really know if I've got the patience or the skill to rub down and fill with primer etc. :(

what price is the rado going up for? and what are all the specs on her have to weigh it al up properly. then demand henny does a job for you (feminine charms etc)

BlackCat,

Try one of the touch up kits from the dealers or Halfords - you'll be surprised how much of the scratch you can lose!

what price is the rado going up for? and what are all the specs on her have to weigh it al up properly.

1991 (J) 1.8 16v 134K

Part Service history

New Battery

New front discs & pads

grey cloth interior - V. good condition no rips etc

Original alloys refurbed

Has got a 10" sub and amp ( but will probably take out before selling)

Probably some other stuff that I've forgotton.....

Want to get about £1600 .....do you think that's reasonable?

i reckon if you try touching it up with a kit/tcut henny or whatver you can probably push for about £2k she seems in great condition apart from that scratch. and we all know miles dont matter if shes cared for

Yeah apart from that bloody scratch she is in good condition. There's been some little niggles that have all been sorted. Knew I'd forget stuff......Just had new ball joints on front. Last month oil and filter change too.