Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

What is it with the towing eye cover missing?!

It seems like a hell of alot of Corrados are missing a towing eye cover at the front! why?! its weird the design dosnt seem to be that bad that they would just fall off, infact i have just bought one and gone to try and fit it and looks like quite a bitch to fit. has anyone fitted one? ne tips?

cheers

nope, but where did you get one from? I'm missing them off BOTH my Corrados... :| :roll:

If it's a bitch to fit then that’s probably why they're all missing - previous owners getting hacked off and giving up...

Mine’s missing too - would like to replace it though! Were they made obsolete?

One day last summer - I noticed the one on my valver was missing. I swear it had always been there before. Weird. Must be the tow-eye fairy!

Got my replacement one from VW not obsolote, though not cheap as usual! think about 15 quid for the lil plastic thing!

They do just clip in but where they are u seem to have to take out the plastic grill in the lower bumper to get them in!

Damn that towing eye fairy!!

You have to take the lower grill out, drill through where it is melted at 2 points, pull out the remains of the old one, place new one in place and remelt woith a soldering iron!

Strange, mine's got both the plastic towing eye cover thingies in place....is one a dummy? Or are there two towing points?

There should be 2 towing points, one is joined to the chassis leg, and the other is part of the bumper iron!

Also starnge is that you can order one side or both but not just the other side... (look at ETKA and you'll see what I mean)