Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

Help Me... again!!

hey guys... need some advice (again)... now we seem to have got some of the engine issues out the way i am gonna get started on the other stuff.... after payday of course... my central locking is gubbed completely and i cant get the boot open with the key... does anyone know if there is away of releasing the lock from the inside??????

cheers!!! :evil:

hmm, you should be able to open the boot with the key (turn the key to 45 degrees right and push) regardless of the central locking working or not.

So if it won't open with the key then I suspect the mechanism on the back of the lock may broken. You need to remove the plastic trim panel from inside the tailgate (behind the number plate basically). Easy to remove with the lid open, but can't recall whether you can do this from inside the car with the lid shut. If you do manage to remove it, there is an actuating rod (which may have fallen off) from the lock mech to the catch. Pull it towards the drivers side and it'll pop open.

HTH

scarlett, before you do anything - are you using the right Key??

IE - your not using the valet key to try and open it??

looks like a case of over usage due to too many shopping trips..... :wink:

did you manage to get it open from the inside and check if the rod has fallen off?

This will either be none of your keys being right for the lock or .... the classic MK2 Golf problem.....driving in the rain throws up cr@p onto the back of the car due to the vortex, and the lock barrels can sieze up over time due to dirt ingress.

This has happened several times to me, and at best squirting WD40 in there and ramming the key in and out (steady Mr Wales) several times to free off the tumblers may work.....or at worst, the barrel will need dismantling and regreasing.....

I reckon the key is wrong but it's always good to offer other reasons too!

Kev, I'm surprised and disappointed. Thought you would have been oiling your locks weekly at least, if not doing a regular full strip and rebuild LOL

How you getting on Scarlett?

well.... after putting this post up the central locking has decided to work again.... in fact its working so effing well sometimes it is unlocking all by itself!!!!! 4 times now i have gone to the car to find her fully unlocked, boot n all, when i know i definately locked her..... today so far shes been ok, the c/l has only been working when i've locked/unlocked her.....

looks like a case of over usage due to too many shopping trips.....

Shopping trips!!!! u must be joking!!! Corrado ownership has left me to skint to eat, never mind go shopping!!! tho its my turn for new shoes after next payday, shes got hers!!!! :D

sounds like sticky mechs

when i first got mine i would lock it and 30 seconds or so later it would unlock itself

it turned out to be the passenger door lock mech was dry and was sticking

try using the 3in1 with ptfe spray from halfords seems to keep all my locks nice and loose

could it have anything to do then with the fact my passenger lock is utterly gubbed, if u put the key in it doesnt turn and when u take the key out it falls out in your hand!!? its at this moment wedged in till it gets fixed next month.....

check both your door pins are going dowm fully when you lock it, the passenger side pin was going down on mine but not fully until i re-oiled it

Ok, this thread has been going on far too long. Who'se going to offer to take the trip up to Glasgow to service the Scarlett?*

*You obviously all know that Scarlett is the car's name... :p

Ok, this thread has been going on far too long. Who'se going to offer to take the trip up to Glasgow to service the Scarlett?*

*You obviously all know that Scarlett is the car's name... :p

:wink:

can i choose who comes up to give her a good service???? hhhmmmmm.......

and anyway boys... have already had the offer of getting my box drilled before we head down to Leeds.... :wink:

oh, n corradowales, would u let dinkus near either of your C's, look at his avatar, hes a corrado murderer!!! he should be shot at dawn...... :p

i'm afraid i cant really have a go at sphinktus any more about corrado wrecking :(

p.s....im sure you can have your choice of who comes to sort you/your car out :wink: ......as for the box drilling...well ....my g/f reckons its cheaper, less hassle, and probebly more satisfying to do it yourself mate!.... :wink:....especially if you have the right tools.... :lol:

unfortunatly me and 4 of my mates with corrados needed her bits..its a real shame but there was alot of work needed on her to get her back to a healthy state...and theres alot of people who need parts/pannels.... :(

...makes me feel like the grim repaer now :roll:

coooooool!!!

i'll pm ya when i find the huge list of stuff i need to do/get and see if youve got any of it!!!! cheers!!!