Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Cheap VR6 Corrado - Bought It!

Rite just got a phone from my brothers friend who works for vw, hes all over england and he spotted a black L reg Corrado Vr6 with a huge milage -170K! Price 1900 pounds! (No leather)

He said it was in good condition and was most likely a rep car with motorway milage as its owned by a friend of the director of that actual dealership, so im thinking it should be looked after?

Anyway hes going tomorow to get pics,check service history,engine noises,etc,etc So we'l see but.......

What does everyone else think? I know theres a lot of bad 1s out there and you get what you pay for, but thats good value for someone who knows they'l have to give it a bit of tlc? i.e.....me!

170k isnt really 'huge' miles for a vr6 if its been well looked after, which if it was a fleet car I would imagine is the case. If the historys up to scratch and it seems sound then I think you found yourself a bargain!

You might be lucky and find it's a good un..... lots of motorway miles would be my preference over an infrequently used urban crawler.

Some people just assume a lot of miles = big sums knocked off, but the car is otherwise sound..... can't hurt to investigate it.

Jenks. Remember my flat mate who you met in Edinburgh has a 160k mile VR too and it feels as tight as new. If you want it go for it. You could break it for about the same price. Good luck m8.

Yeah i remember you telling me bout that! Rite cheers boys! 4 hour drive south with cash on mon looks a plan if tomorrow works out fine...fingers crossed!

Well here it is, and i got it cheaper! 1300 pounds!!!! :D

Drove it up from Liverpool last wed, drove like a dream, everythings solid and everything works, interior is immaculate! 6 owners but FSH from VW dealership with HPI report, not many reciepts but the fact the dealership has had it from near enough new i reckon its been looked after.

Bodywork was actually better than i was expecting but there are the usual wee dents and the drivers door and wing are very rusty! Brakes felt dodgy, mite have warped discs and its got the dreaded cutting out now and then at junctions or when you stop. However these could be due to the fact the car was sat at dealership for 7 to 8 weeks. But they'l be checked out with its next service. I'll also be taking towbar off aswell! :)

vr6front.jpg

VR6bk.jpg

Worried bout the old insurance aswell, 20 years old but will be on old mans fleet insurance third party but excess will be high!

Vr6 is like a complete different car compared to my old 16V (which will be up for sell!)

Happy Days!

Facking bargain mate!! i wouldnt worry abt mileage.. as long as it has good history etc!!

£1,300 thats brilliant. Looks quite similar to mine. Mine has 137k and pulls as strong as ever. Just change the oil very often and all the other bits and should be fine. The chains must have been done, surely?

Bargain for £1,300! Step one.. full on valet, detail, and polish session. Will make the car look even more of a bargain for £1,300 :D

Looks to be a good bargain. You can afford quite a few repairs and still be well in credit at that price.

Probably supplied from the same dealers as mine somewhere in Surrey, also L***EPA. I have over 185k on mine, although new complete top end, suspension bushes, etc., and still goes very well indeed.

Congratulations!

Best wishes

RB

Yeah insurance is gonna a problem bein 20 and all, i' ll give ya £1500 smackers for it! :D

nah your alrite! Just been away down to North Berwick with my gf and brakes are actually fine,just needed a bit of use. i dont know about the chain but it doesnt sound bad, needs its next service and ill keep on top of the oil changes!

Thanks for the comments!