Sign in to follow this  
Riley

g60 vs saphire cossie

just had a do with a m8 who has a 4wd sierra cosworth,supposed to be 280 bhp @ the fly.

stuck right with him to the top of 3rd gear. :D

but obviously that aint good enough,so what do i need to blitz him rather than just stick with him? :lol:

neil.

hahaha :lol: good suggestions guys!

when i say top of third gear,thats when we both backed off at a roundabout with traffic queing.

was quite suprised that i stuck with him really,an impreza type sommet or other went past me pretty easily the other week. :roll: and theyre just shat!

would definately have a lancer rather than a scoob though,evo 4 or 5 :oops:

[

why ... :roll:

what kind of things can you do to the g60 to out perform the cossies & scoobys while keeping it a g60

suppose more cc's wouldnt do any harm to start with,1.9? 2.0?

can you go 1900cc with just a rebore? and obviously bigger pistons,what size?

neil.

Riley, at least u made it home i bet he was sitting in some layby on the phone to the AA after the amount of oil he lost and some other things breaking during yr race :lol:

well jmr is going to turbo charge his g60 and looing for 350 bhp i believe but i know you can get your g60 upto 250bhp if you have enough dosh to throw at it

@ furki, aaaah,thats why i couldnt see,thought it was foggy :lol:

to be fair though,his motor is an absolute minter,ive been trying to talk him into keeping it!

he was gonna go jap :!:

neil.

well jmr is going to turbo charge his g60 and looing for 350 bhp i believe but i know you can get your g60 upto 250bhp if you have enough dosh to throw at it

what would you need to do to get it upto 250bhp :?:

couple of RS500 round here and they come out to play on a saturday afternoon only on the sunny days were its guranteed sunny all day weather, they are still amazing machines,,,

Why not just throw out the back seats and all that unnecessary trim. Make it up in power/weight rather than just power...

dr_mat, Im with you, just get a friend to take the spare tyre in the "chase car" run minimum amount of fuel, correct tyre pressures and you'll be in with a chance, The Passenger seat is heavy and the rear bench and back rests arnt light either really. they all come out. just be warned that the C might handle a little differently with less weight.

Think to get 250bhp on a G60 you need all the usual stuff and a big valve head or bottom end work. Steve Mac's new spec should do it or be very close.

Have a look at the MK1 G60 in the cars for sale thread.... that's a proper G60. 2.0 and lots of TLC from stealth.....270 odd BHP!

Oh and surely if you turbo a G60 the engine strictly speaking shouldn't be called a G60 anymore? It'll just be a 1.8 turbo.

aye,im not into turbo's anyway,on/off power and all this lag business :lol:

for some strange(and expensive) reason,im liking the idea of bigger pistons,can anyone shed any light?

ill check out the mk1 too 8)

cheers,neil.

1900cc needs the 83mm pistons. Yes simple rebore.

Have the conversion and big valve head with all extra gubbins inside and running 1 bar made a good healthy 260BHP with 250Torque.

Strictly speaking yes they are 1.8 turbos but still kinda gets confusin when explaining due to obvious reasons so G60 turbo makes more sense.

Depends what turbo you use to whether you get the on/off boost, as have no lag issues with mine you would still think it has a supercharger on. Nuff said.