Sign in to follow this  
OSV

8x17 ET Question

Is anyone on here running 8x17 or perhaps wider with an offset of around 25 or less on a VR6 C. If so what tyres are you running and what arch mods if any have you needed. Will they be Ok in the standard arches with perhaps a little rolling or trimming? Pics would be good too :oops:

Kevhaywires 8x17 RH's were et40 and they sat perfectly, not sure what tyres he had though.....remember him saying it handled very well and didn't rub the arches.

Yeh mine were 35 on 205s but i'm interested in the slightly lower ET. Certainly 27 max

I have a 28et on my rear with 205 40 17 tires. They did not fit at my ride height. I had to slightly pull the rear fenders.

Thats the plan for the rear, going half inch wider with OE BBS outer rims but hoping to retain stock (looking at least) arches. The standard 7.5s really fill the front arches well but look slightly tucked in at the rear.The rims will be polished as will the centre caps, the bolts chromed and the centres painted. I have a mint stock set too, so it will give the car 2 distinct looks whilst still remaining OEM+

mine are 8 x 17's with et35, as you say front sit great, rears are a little in. Was thinking of getting some 20/25mm spacers to jack the rears out a little. Running 205's with standard arches and liners, fronts rub very slightly when really pressing on in tight bends.

Andy Brookes, if your running 8x17et 35 and you think you might be able to get 20-25mm spacers on the rear, thats equivalant to a pretty low offset,

Thats the plan for the rear, going half inch wider with OE BBS outer rims but hoping to retain stock (looking at least) arches. The standard 7.5s really fill the front arches well but look slightly tucked in at the rear.The rims will be polished as will the centre caps, the bolts chromed and the centres painted. I have a mint stock set too, so it will give the car 2 distinct looks whilst still remaining OEM+

it will be very tight. I ran 8x17 on the back with et32 and nothing touched. If you prepared to cut or roll a bit of metal i reckon they'll go on.

mine are 8x17 et32, and up until the weekend i was using 3mm spacers - so et29. the cars dropped 60mm and the wheels did catch on the arch liners over bumps, mostly at the front, and were only a few mm off the metalwork. With the spacers off its much much better although the front drivers side has caught a couple of times over big bumps. I'm running 205's.

Were you using the spacers on the rears (ET29) and if so did they catch?

no, sorry should have said that! I just spaced the fronts to clear the caliper carriers, the rears have always been on et32.

I'm sticking to 7.5"x17" ET33 at the front and i'm happy with the way they fill the arches and there are no fitment or clearance issues :)

Its only the wheels on the rear axle that will be changed for a 0.5" wider dish which should result in an 8x17 ET27, I will probably run 205s to aid clearance, but wondered what others had fitted at the rear and the issues encountered.

I was looking at some bmw style 5 wheels, they are 8x17 and have a 2 inch dish, thought if i swapped the centres for my rs301's theyd fit.

Just got some measurements and the centres are different size............bugger :(