Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

well i am going to be painting the centre myself... so prob gonna go with a high power / gloss silver.. also prob gonna get the rims either polished or chrome powder coated... need to see you pics of this effect first, i believe darren mentioned it on another thread.

it will be driven daily, i will use the D90s as a winter wheel tho so the splitties wont be used during winter, so wont be attacked by the salty roads. 8)

i am having a bit of a dilemma on tyres tho....

Dunno whether to go for 205/40s or 215/35s on the rears! :roll:

nice mine are 215/40 mike and i think thats a healthy stretch do it thou mate will look uber good just dont know about the ride! but fu*k the ride make ur car look the dogs for e38!

ive got the 195/40s contis on my D90s that i will use for the fronts i just want the rear tyres... i can either get conti / or dunlop 215/35s, or go for 205/40 kumhos ku31??

not really sure on this one...

oh and i am still waiting for one other wheel to turn up yet!! still not delivered yet.... each box had its own delivery stamp so hopefully the other wheel shouldnt be to far behind... wont get far with only 3 wheels

Yep, go 215/35 - I'm running them on 9s all round on my mk2 Golf. Doesn't seem that much different ride wise from previous 205/40s but look so cool, and there's even more room in the arches to go lower!!.......

hi mike let us know what tyres you go for i got kumho's on the front of mine and they seem preety good to be honest! you got any trick little bits ready for e38 fella? can you get the p-zero nero's on a 35 profile coz darren has them om his passat and well likes em!

still not sure as to what tyres to for yet! i ve seen a few 205 profile kumhos stretched onto a 9 inch rim and they seem to fit very nicely! and the prices are ok aswell :-) all i have to do now is get the centres powder coated and polish up the bolts and dishes and all should be good for E38!

i had Khumo's on my 9" borbets and they dont look/handle as well as the the dunlops or Zero' neros

daz have you ever used those good year eagle f1's? there's defo some good tyres to choose from mate but you are rite for overall price the kumho's are cheapy cheap! let us know anyway chap!

what about 215/35 continentals? least they would be the same as the fronts? they are ok from my experience

just ordered the 215/35 sport contacts! £45 each! bargain...

Sending the centres and outers to "the polisher" on the E38 forum so they can do a top job and all should be ready for E38...yay :)

Getting the outers polished and the centres and the caps powder coated in a high gloss silver finish, so should look quite nice.

ive just gotta clean up / polish all the bolts that hold the wheels together.

I was going to be proper keen and do all the refurb my self, but its just impossible for me at the moment i am working too much and wont have the time to fit everything else in before september, so i am being lazy and paying someone else to do it... :roll:

anyone got any nice shiney Bbs bolts they wanna sell me! mine are pretty awfull and wont look to good with the polished outers :-) i could get them re-coated although i think i got quoted somink like £50 and new ones are about £120 for a full set of chromes! this Bbs business certainly isnt cheap !

Mike, I've refurbed a few sets of split-rim bolts now. They looked terrible before I started, all corroded and rusted etc, I used a few tricks and they came up looking AMAZING and like new.Save yourself £100 mate and do the same. PM if you want the details ;-)

mike lookk on ebay.de theres a guy who does a full set for 60 posted.

Are the geniune BBS bolts ?

Mike, I've refurbed a few sets of split-rim bolts now. They looked terrible before I started, all corroded and rusted etc, I used a few tricks and they came up looking AMAZING and like new.Save yourself £100 mate and do the same. PM if you want the details ;-)
PM'd :-)