Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

Thinking of getting a Schrick . . .

Sold my Spitfire - have a bit of spare cash so thinking of getting a Schrick. Have read most of the thread on this, but, what is the cost of a schrick fitted? What does it do to insurance?

Why not get a cam profiled exactly to your needs:

http://www.newman-cams.com/

Schrick seem to charge a fortune for their cams

Your insurance company would *officially* need to know as it enhances the performance but I doubt that in the event of a potential write-off an insurance assessor is going to take apart the engine, get the cams out and measure their "aftermartketness"! :D

monVR6 may have meant the Schrick inlet manifold.... In which case it's the best thing you can do to your VR, imho..

Cost is about £1500 fitted, but you may need a remap too. If you get a 2nd hand one it's a lot cheaper.

Insurance need to be informed, and most of the main insurers don't understand it, but if you tell 'em it's part of the induction system they'll call it an induction kit and bob's yer uncle.

The most important thing is that it increases the write-off value of the car by around ~£1.5k, so they need to know about it.

Whenever I told my insurance company about modifications, they charge the extra but state that in the event of an accident they will not cover non standard parts. Eg. If I manage to break an aftermarket wheel they will only replace it with a standard one, or give the eqivalent cost of a new standard one.

My insurers said know extra premium for my wheels or induction kit.

When i got the paperwork through for the amend, they had put my excess up from £250 to £1000.

Sneaky. Call them up. If they didn't mention it on the phone, you don't have to accept the amendment to your policy...