Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

What do you think of this front engine mount?

Looks smart mate.. Clearly a mass produced one by looking at it. One would hope they looked into the tensile properties the material can offer in this application (looks like they have as they cut enough away lol)

But hey then again the could have made in to sit on a shelf!

If your looking for find out how good it is.. ask them the grade and google it...

cai .. these mounts are spot on. i can vouch for them there better quailty than the eip mounts etc so many of the solid mount you see in the uk are just a commercial grade of ally with no helicoils.

Cheers Darren, I reckon I’ll get one of these then. Think he's selling them for £44 which I reckon is good value. I really need one my cars destroyed a standard one in 12 months!!

Actually Sam, I've just emailed you about geting one and going halves on postage! ;-)

Anyone else want one? Maybe a group buy. Cant mess around for too long though as I need one badly.

I've had an email back from BBM regarding my first enquiry for one mount. They quoted me $65 shiping!! So I've contacted them now to ask about a small group buy.

If they cant do a lot better on the shiping then I'd rather keep trying to get hold of the guy on clubgti with the RPT mounts. Anyone know him? I've pm'd him over clubgti but no response.

Again been in touch with BBM and they want $115 to ship 5 to one address in the UK. I really don’t think it’s worth the hassle and cost now.

BUT, Baz2004 has heard back from the guy on clubgti who sells the RPT ones at the top of the page. Apparently he has some again. I'm not sure if we need to get a few to get them for £44 including delivery. So who wants one?

So far;

CaiosG60 PWR

samg60

Baz2004

Supercharged

MickeyT

Do all the above still want one even if it’s not the BBM jobbies?

Well I have just paid for the first one you showed, should be with me on Thursday.

Ill do a review for you all when it comes but the look cracking…and for £45, its only 25 more than a new rubber one!!!

i just joined and pm'd the guy im on the list hopefully for delivery week after next. seems a good site handy to know about if i do get a golf again one day when the c's finished (yeah right like it ever will be!)

MickeyT, if you want one you'll have to join the clubgti forum and PM him to get your name on the list. You dont need to be a member of clubgti to join there forum.

I PM'd the guy several days ago and he hasn't replied - it says he's read the message. What other solid front mount options are there as I'm not being messed about?