Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

BMW M Coupe

Had a drive in the above last night, and i'm giving myself a couple of months before i have one on the drive! Absolutely awesome cars, by far and away the best car i've ever driven- way better than a Skline GTR or 964 Turbo 2. (Or as good as!!!)

Went like stink, and i just love the whole rear wheel drive thing and that sort of handling. When your pushing it hard you really can feel all that power at the rear trying to overtake you.... what a car. Definitely hooked

I must say they are supposed to be awesome cars to drive and they have an aquired taste.

I dunno, sometimes I like them, sometimes not. They do have the appearance of a big phallus though :?

Agreed, they are brutal cars.... not bothered about the prettiness of it because they look like they mean business and they're less gay than the Z3 rag top.... that car was BMW engineers' equivalent of the MK1 GTi....THEY knew what was best, not the bean counters, so set about making one in their spare time.....ode to being given free access to the workshops and parts bins !

According a mag I read in the bath the other day, they are quicker than the current M3 CSL to 60, 100mph and the 1/4 mile :shock:

They are possibly the most ugly car on the road but dynamically they must be excellent

Nope, they're not. They share the same ancient rear axle from the E30....it's treacherous in the wet....but that's half the car's appeal, it's naked and aggression, and it makes no attempt to disguise it's intentions behind flowery seats and BOSE stereos...

Love the M-Coupe! Really quick and look nice and aggressive. Rare too. Would love one, but they're still really expensive (for me anyway).

think you can pick them up for about 20k

thats good vfm in my book for the performance!

I have always like them, look miles better than the drop top

Its pig ugly but thats all part of its appeal - probably the last backroom BM we'll ever see. Not sophisticated but I'd have one like a shot

they are quicker than the current M3 CSL to 60, 100mph and the 1/4 mile

That's right, they apparnetly will hit the ton in 11.6secs, with 60 coming up in a rapid 4.3!!

It's not just the speed and the power of them though, they really do feel like a driver's car. Have heard a few horror stories about their handling in the wet, but again it adds to the appeal. Rather like the earlier rwd 911 turbos....