Sign in to follow this  
gordy

f1 what a cock up

the way i see it, there were 2 very simple solutions - put in the chicane or let the teams run numerous sets of tyres - in the interests of fairness, i would have went for numerous tyres as this would have not disadvantaged the dunlop runners as michelin teams would have had to make numerous stops.

regardless of what the best solution was, one things for sure, the correct decision was not made and the whole organisation made absolute prats of themselves on a global basis and blew the biggest worldwide market they were trying to court - ie USA.

someone wants shooting over this one - i was pissed off, never mind how the paying spectators and more ardent fans felt...

Taped it cos I was away & not bothered to watch it now (yet) But had to laugh at the "best" driver trying to shunt the only opposition off the track - why am I not in the least surprised. I stilll think he is a complete arse.

And so is the FIA. Court Martial and shoot em at dawn I say, then get someone in there with some interest in the fans

If F1 is to go forward, it needs to go back because at this rate, there'll only be about 100 supporters of the sport by 2010.

Take away traction control - Up to driver skill to maintain balance

Bring back the old 1500 turbo engines with variable boost for overtaking - Makes things more interesting.

Let the TEAMS decide what parts and tyres are best - More varied cars with different characteristics, again, for the benefit of the audience and the drivers. Why should only 2 brands dominate the sport?

Take away driver aids/launch control etc - Again, put it back in control of the driver.

Tyre changes only and no fuel stops - To teach the drivers to economise and remove the danger of refuelling above red hot turbo manifolds. Tyres only take a few seconds to change but fuel takes longer and is infinitely more hazardous.

I'm sorry but F1 is Uber boring these days......the car's do half the work for the driver.

F1 vs. Le Mans...no contest. All we need now is for someone to SHOW Le Mans when it's on... BTCC is cracking too. Anyone fancy going to Croft on 17th July this year?

Just seen on the news that Michelin have offered to refund ticket costs for all the fans at the US Grand Prix...

Too little too late?

make the cars slow and safe but have land mines at random places under the track that'll sort the men from the shuey's! its ridiculous ok make spectators safe thats fair but a dangerous sport thats completly safe please thats like base jumping off a table it aint gonna catch on!

after reasing michelins stand point,, i can completly see whwere there coming from, and i was dead afgainst it from the start.

and i completey agree with kev. all the computer functions, losse them, why do drivers get paid soo much when they are glorified computer operators ?

they shoudl learn to drive properly dammit.